15 hour post op question | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

15 hour post op question 15 hour post op question

Unread 04-03-2013, 04:08 AM
15 hour post op question

I'm still in the hospital as I write this. I had my laprascopic surgery done at 9:30 this morning, on the 4/2. Can't believe how painful this is. I was originally just going to,have my uterus removed but once the doctor got,in there. He had to take one ovary and the Fallopian tube due to a severe case of endometriosis and my ovary was fused to my uterus, rectum and bladder. I don't feel a lot of pain when I'm not moving, but when I get up to go to the bathroom, OH MY!!! Severe pain and a lot of stinging coming from the inside as well. Anyone know what the severe stinging is from? And how long with that and the pain last? I'm I tears when I have to stand up, it's excruciating.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-03-2013, 04:56 AM
Re: 15 hour post op question

Hi I had lots of different pains and up there felt like I had a bad case of thrush, my bladder must have taken a battering as it was very sore bit like a bad UTI. You might want to tell the nurses that the painkillers aren't working as well as you'd hoped - they swapped mine when I said they were not cutting it. The really nasty pains lasted a week but got better each day. Still a bit sore nearly 3 weeks down the line but that's mainly related to how much I do a day. I hope you can get the pain under control soon. I hope it passes quickly for you, take care.
Unread 04-03-2013, 04:58 AM

Hi Berry, Congratulations on a successful surgery! You just had major surgery and it hurts. The pain will ease eventually. I kow that it hurts to walk, but doing so will help you. Just make sure the nurses are aware of your pain level. It may not seem like it right now, but it really will get better.

Lots of ((HUGS)) to you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-03-2013, 06:11 PM

Don' t be afraid to ask for pain meds and if not working they can change medication or increase dosage. The pain meds are what makes it easier to get up and change positions. It may be painful to get out of bed but the quicker you do the better off you are as movement gets the bowels moving and the gas passing to release pressure. The pain and burning normal are expected as remember you have more sutures inside than outside. I know many people take pain meds by mouth day of surgery but I requested them intravenously (Toradol) until next moring. It will get better especially after the first 48 hrs. usually. Hang in there and make sure you verbalize your pain to appropriate staff.
Unread 04-03-2013, 06:59 PM

Thanks for all the help. I've already been discharged and I'm home. They gave me Percocet and 800mg Motrin. I'm taking the Percocet every 4 hrs and Motrin every 8. The only time I'm in agony is when I'm standing, walking and switching positions from sitting to standing. The pain is a horrible burning sensation that is so bad, it makes me cry, and I have a high tolerance to pain! I just hope this doesn't last too long!
Unread 04-03-2013, 07:47 PM

Make sure when to sit at edge of bed or chair with feet firmly planted on floor and use legs to push up to standing position. Also try a small pillow to splint abdomen to change positions
Unread 04-03-2013, 07:52 PM

And stay ahead of pain with meds...a few days and things will subside!
Unread 04-03-2013, 07:56 PM

I was supposed to get laporscopic also but ended up with a TAH. When my Dr was preping me she reminded me just because I didn't see a big incision it didn't mean big things didn't happen inside of me. Give it time. It will get better.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register