My long castle story | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

My long castle story My long castle story

Unread 02-15-2004, 12:12 PM
My long castle story

I’ve been meaning to write my castle story for some time now but I haven’t been on the computer much since my surgery.

I've posted it here in the Castle Story Forum.

I hope you'll have a chance to read it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-15-2004, 12:30 PM
My long castle story

Wow! That was some story. Glad you are home and feeling better. Sorry about your incision bleeding. Have you tried using the sanitary pads instead of gauze ones? I used those on my vertical incision as they stuck to my underware. Mine seeped for days and I graduated to a panty liners then. I'm fluffy, too and after the seeping stopped it healed really fast. Hope yours does, too.
I agree - the pre- worrying were for nothing. Waiting is the hardest part of the whole thing.
Unread 02-15-2004, 12:51 PM
My long castle story

Liters50, I was using sanitary napkins to cover my vertical incision but the doctor wanted it to have a sterile gauze on top. Now, I actually prefer it because I can't obsessively look at it everytime I use the bathroom and I think there may be less chance of the scab lifting off cause it is taped onto my skin. I hope the seeping stops fast like yours did. Did yours actually bleed? For a while I just had few brown or yellowish spots, then came the blood.

I know, my story is really long!! I don't have time to make it more concise or to edit as I am going to have to shut up in my bedroom soon. The doctor only wants me to use the stairs once a day. Once I need to use the bathroom--that's it since the bathroom is upstairs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-15-2004, 12:59 PM
My long castle story

Well that's good that you are following the dr.'s orders. I can't say mine actually bled. But I had 3 spots that were kind of open and they seeped a lot. I had my staples out one week post op and the dr. put steri strips on the incision. They seeped until they closed up. Just kind of brownish/yellow seepage for around 2 weeks.
Good luck to you. I know how frustrating this can be when things don't go as planned.
I'll be 10 weeks post op Tuesday and feel great. I know this will all be behind you soon and you will start feeling great.
Lita
Unread 02-15-2004, 05:21 PM
My long castle story

S Elena,

Welcome Home!! Your story was wonderful!! I'm awfully sorry that your incision is giving you problems, but very glad that your doctor feels it's nothing to get too wirried about. I'm sure having the visiting nurse come in and check it will be reassuring, too.

I hope you'll continue to improve some every day.

S

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register