Can anyone tell me if they have these symptoms | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Can anyone tell me if they have these symptoms Can anyone tell me if they have these symptoms

Unread 11-30-2010, 07:49 PM
Can anyone tell me if they have these symptoms

Hi all,

I am so glad to have found this site. so much comfort in knowing i'm not alone.

Here's my question I am on BCP and i have now realized that they are making me very nauseous. has this happend to anyone else?

also my stomach has been bloated, I have fibroids but nothing my doc was concerned about. could they be growing or maybe my uterus has become more boggy.

I hope these are not silly questions.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-01-2010, 12:23 AM
Re: Can anyone tell me if they have these symptoms

i know that bcp can make you nauseous, they did for me the first couple months i took them, i don't know anything about fibroids, but want to let you know that i read
Unread 12-01-2010, 09:02 AM

Hi...fibroids can definitely grow. Mine were supposedly small but by the time that I had my surgery, my dr commented on how large my uterus and fibroid had gotten. The other dr in her practice looked at my chart and then at my incision and said "she got all of that out of that small incision?"

Good luck on your surgery!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-01-2010, 09:14 AM

Birthcontrol pills aways made me sick. It was like having morning sickness. My doctor told me to take them at night instead of in the morning and that seemed to help.
Unread 12-02-2010, 09:01 AM

I do take them at night and still am very sick before I go to bed (headache and vomiting that last through the night. Ugh!
Unread 12-02-2010, 10:24 AM

Sounds like they are too strong. See if you can try another pill with less hormones. I tried several before I found one I could live with. I never did handle hormones very well.
Unread 12-02-2010, 02:29 PM

I also was on many different BCPs before I found the right one. Low Estron was the only one I could tolerate. I would have motion sickness, yeast infections, migrains...

I finally took myself off everything in 2004 because I didn't like any chemicals in my body

and now I also have a fibroid. they definitely grow. Mine has been rapidly growing in the last 6 months. Now the size of an orange. It presses against my ovary, my ureter, and my bladder causing me to pee constantly and ache most of the time. I am wondering if I had stayed on pill if I would have avoided this whole scene.

Still pretty excited to get rid of Aunt Flo. She was a terrible houseguest. Only thought of herself.
Unread 12-02-2010, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justjenlynn View Post
Birthcontrol pills aways made me sick. It was like having morning sickness. My doctor told me to take them at night instead of in the morning and that seemed to help.
Me also. I was on them the last 2 years (Thank you sisters no more BCPs yay!) and taking them at night also helps food cravings. They say you gain weight on the pill...I believe it's because you are so hungry on the pill. At night was the way to go for me.

Some pills made me so sick. I didn't have Fibroids, so can't help you there sister. Hope you feel better soon!
Unread 12-03-2010, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidyn View Post
Me also. I was on them the last 2 years (Thank you sisters no more BCPs yay!) and taking them at night also helps food cravings. They say you gain weight on the pill...I believe it's because you are so hungry on the pill. At night was the way to go for me.

Some pills made me so sick. I didn't have Fibroids, so can't help you there sister. Hope you feel better soon!
Yes! I always gained 20 pounds when I was on the pill! I hated that part. Now I can't loose weight cause I have these baby fibroids growing in me. I call them my twins cause I have two the size of baseballs now. The rest of them are just little pingpong balls lol
Unread 12-03-2010, 10:36 AM

I had the same problem with fibroid and weight gain. In my experience when I gave up processed food, gluten, and went very light on dairy, I was able to lose weight. My Fibroid presses against my colon and bladder so everything is jacked up. Food is hard to digest

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register