help | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 09-15-2009, 03:11 PM
help

let me say this first yes i'm bull headed ok but i'm a mom first and last ,
i had my abdominal hysterectomy. on 9-3-2009 and fell great i started drving last thrusday and doing thign around here i know stop and rest i do . what i need to know is i ahve seen stitches when i wipe and i see red blood too not lots just only a little bit but i do rest durning the day i think the reason i'm bleeding is cause of the teylo i'm taking so i'm not takeing it no more i'm not in pain just a little persure on my tummy once in a while so is this ok when do we lose the stitches and is it ok to bleed a little please let me know and yes i'm going to get off here and rest till its time to get my sons from school
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-15-2009, 05:31 PM
Re: help

Hi!
I have 4 kiddos so I hear you loud and clear that when we have to be on duty, we have to be on duty.
It is normal to see some stitches. I do not know if there is a point where too many stitches would mean that ...too many stitches are coming out, but from everything I've read, seeing some is normal.

The red spotting is another one that's hard to guess on. Do you notice it in particular after lifting or doing too much? If so, that's our sign to sit our butts down and knock it off for awhile. Everyone heals differently so if this has been the norm for you, then it's probably the norm. You know the drill though, if you soak a pad an hour, you need to call your dr asap.

I know you have kids, but it just can't be stressed enough- we get this one -ONE- chance to heal well and correctly. I will go out of my mind if I do something that causes a setback of any kind. I just don't have the time or ability to dedicate more time to JUST ME and trying to heal, ya know? I know the same goes for you, so make sure you keep yourself RESTED. Do as little as possible. You are WAY early on in recovery.

Take care of you!!

Nicki

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register