The date is set...Aug 30th | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

The date is set...Aug 30th The date is set...Aug 30th

Unread 08-03-2010, 01:10 PM
The date is set...Aug 30th

Finally have the date for my partial hysterectomy. Aug. 30th. I was happy about this and almost eager to have the date set. We wanted it scheduled before my next period. The last period almost ended up with an emergency hysterectomy. I was unable to take care of my kids for two days by myself and passed out a few times before the progesterone stopped the bleeding. Not to mention how sick I was because of the progesterone.

Though all of that and the fact that I was so ready. The date is set and so sooner did I hang up the phone and I am in tears. My want for this had turned to dread. I am still absolutely sure I want this and that it is the best thing for me, but I still feel terrified of the actual surgery. Am I the only one?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-03-2010, 01:24 PM
Re: The date is set...Aug 30th

I know exactly how you feel about being terrified. I put m surgery off for 2 years trying to avoid the whole surgery concept. I finally ran out of time when my cervix wouldn't clear up with the abnormal cells. So I went on scheduled mmine on July 8, 2010. I asked my doctor for aniexity pills to try and cope with the fear i was having. But I can honestly tell you i made myself crazy for nothing. Everything went smooth. One minute i was in preop waiting to get relaxed before thee surgery and then I was hearing voices asking me if I felt ok. I was so happy and relieved it was over!!!! That was the easy part, the recovering is not so bad either, it just takes longer. and I'm tired of not being able to do anything. So please believe me it will be OK. I was the poster child at my doctors office for being a fraidy cat.
Good Luck!
Unread 08-03-2010, 01:43 PM

="RoyalBlue"]
[/color]
Hello, and no your not the only one who was scared! I am on my fifth week of recovery from a Full Abdominal Hysterectomy on June 26, 2010. I went in to my new OBGYN for a regular pap and to talk about some cysts that I ended up in the ER Room for. I was told not to worry about them at all. So when my time came for my pap I decided to go a the OB. I took all the paper work, cat scans, mri's, labs etc. I wasn't in there for more than say 8 minutes and she said I needed surgery! I must have turned white becuse she became very concerned. I had a friend go with me and so when I was told this I had her come in because I kind of shut down. She said I had what she thinks were Dermoid Masses inside my Ovaries and cysts on the out side of them as well. So we went and had more test and it came back that I might have something in the Uterus as well. So I had a second opinon and she said the same thing. I needed surgery. The masses were the size of a gilrs softball and I was having pain all time. So we set out date for the summer because I had a child graduating from High school, and one from 8th grade, I wanted to be there for this so she worked with me.

I was told my surgery would take about 2 1/2 hours and it was only took one hour adn fifteen minutes. I was sooooooo scared that I wrote a letter to my husband and kids in case I didn't make it. I don't do well with the coming out of surgery part. I stressed over this for months. I was so scared that I started to get counsling from my pastor. But everyhting went fine. I came out of surgery okay, just in alot of pain.

You have every right to feel the way yr feeling. The suregery and recovery time is worth it if your having so much trouble with your cycles. On July 2nd we went for my first week check up and I was a mess. I was v ery worried about the biopsie and I was told that is was negeatvie so no cancer for me. I almost started to cy...So I figured that if I did that I could do the rest. You will feel very tired over the smallest things. That is normal. As the days pass you will be feeling better. I wont lie and say you might have some bad days with the good days, but you do get through them. I don't know how old your chrildren are but if they can help you with getting yr water and little things it wont make them afraid of seeing mom down.

I hope this has helped you in some small way. Yes it will hurt for a little while, Yes you wont be a 100% for at least a while. But if you listen to your Doctor and really let your family and friedns help I think you will do fine. I am dealing with the hot flashes, I get headaches more, and I can't sleep sometimes. That is normal I am told, due to the lack of no Ovaries. This website has helped me deal with that. I have found a all natural Hormone pill called Phytoestrogen that seems to be working. As your doctor about that as well. If you have questions big or small jot them down and ask them. Nothing is to small to ask when you have to have surgery...

Well I will stop my book, and I will be thinkin positive thoughts ofr your up coming surgerey....

have a blessed day..
Littlelady65
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-03-2010, 01:47 PM

Well I am on the Poster with you. I was so afraid that I coldn't really think about it the day of. But I woke up and got through it..I am glad to know that I am not the only chicken when it came to this........
Unread 08-03-2010, 02:39 PM

Thanks girls. We have thought of every option since April and have had multiple opinions. I have four kids 7-8 months and my biggest fear is the "what if," outcome for them and for my husband. I know the surgery will be the best option. Especially at this point in treatment. We are still unsure if the are going in through my csection scar which is a bit unsettling as well. I know I can get through it. Having a sounding board and others experiences helps too. Thanks
Unread 08-08-2010, 05:27 PM

Your welcome......I wish I knew aboutt his site when I was scared and worried about my surgery...Good luck and my prayers are with you..

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register