first follow up with Dr. | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

first follow up with Dr. first follow up with Dr.

Unread 12-02-2005, 08:34 AM
first follow up with Dr.

Today is 4 weeks since my TAH. on Monday i go to the Dr for the first time since my staples came out. Just curious what others had happen at this stage? Should i expect to have my abdomen pushed or anything. I was a little out of it the last time i went so i am not sure if he told me. Just looking for general ideas of what happened to others.
I am doing better now, except i still get tired after a trip to the store. Last weekend i went to Walmart with my husband & i guess i overdid it, because while i was waiting in the snack line i started to cry. So i had to leave right then. My poor DH didn't know what was going on. I haven't been taking hormones because i figured my left ovary should start working soon(I Hope) but the Dr had given me a perscription a few weeks ago that i may fill today. Maybe i just need them for awhile. I don't like to take things unless i really need them.
thanks for listening to me yet again. Hope everyone is doing well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-02-2005, 09:02 AM
first follow up with Dr.

I am almost where you are in post op.

I have an appointment later on today with my dr. and was wondering the same things that you are.

I hope that he won't do anything that hurts.

I haven't been out much. One trip to Kohl's last weekend for only about 45 minutes though. Was enough to wear me out. I have been driving short trips to drive my kids to and from school, but that's about it.

I am kinda wondering when I will start feeling like myself again. I hate just sitting around, but really can't do much else at this point. I know that I felt much better at 3 weeks than at 2 and I am sure that next week I will feel even better! I am so impatient though!
UGH!!

I feel your frustration!
Unread 12-02-2005, 09:08 AM
first follow up with Dr.

Summer36 I had my surgery the same day as you. I had a TVH/ kept my ovaries and had my 4wk appt yesterday. My gyno and I talked, she did an internal and gave me a prescription for an anti depressant to take and hopefully make me feel better. I have been very emotional- at times and she told me it was b/c my ovaries are still "angry" and not working properly YET. She has given me an additional 4weeks off from work as I am a CNA and need to take it easy seeing I over did it my first 4 weeks and let the meds start to work. I wish you luck and keep us posted on how you are doing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-02-2005, 09:10 AM
first follow up with Dr.

See i am blind my surgery was the day before yours. The foggyness i guess.
Unread 12-02-2005, 10:57 AM
first follow up with Dr.

Summer36
My 5 week appointment was a manual internal exam (wasn't really painful, but not pleasant) and discussing any questions I had.
I was very emotional around 2-4 weeks, but that is so much better (and I'm not on hormones + no ovaries). I see him again at 4 months.
Patience for the healing process is what we all need!!! Each week gets better!

TAH/BSO
Unread 12-03-2005, 09:53 AM
first follow up with Dr.

thanks everyone who replied. i really appriciate it. i went yesterday &got my perscription filled. i will try the estrogen for awhile &see if that helps with being "overly sensitive" as my DH keeps saying. i will let you know how my DR appt goes on Monday. I am going to ask for the additional 2 weeks so that i get till January. I am trying not to do to much now. I find even sitting at my computer gets uncomfortable after about an hour. And my job is sitting at a desk all day, so i am not ready to go back yet. Again thanks to everyone who has helped me through this. i don't know what i would have done without you.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register