Feeling Overwhelmed | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Feeling Overwhelmed Feeling Overwhelmed

Unread 07-24-2001, 07:18 PM
Feeling Overwhelmed

I'm kinda overwhelmed today, everything reminding me of surgery on August 20. (TAH/BSO)
1. Fill out Leave of Absence forms at work and be told that my vacation this year and 5 year bonus will be held until I get back and add the time I was gone to that. What????????
2. Fill out State disability forms so I can still make some money!!!!!!
3. Major bleeding all of a sudden, call and take new meds.
4. Make new calendar for work and advise everyone from entire district in Northern Calif. that I will be gone for 6 - 8 weeks. Will my same job still be there???????
5. Try to cheer up cranky teenager with chickpox, when I really just want to tell her to grin and bear it.
6. Get a call from Red Cross that I need to make an appt. to donate my own blood for surgery. (Petrified to give blood).
7. Get home and receive a letter from Red Cross with an order from to donate my own blood for surgery!!!!!!!
8. Running to bathroom every 20 minutes or more because of heavy bleeding. Please don't let me be anemic (sp.?)
9. I think I'm losing my mind.

Elise
HDtrainer8@AOL.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-24-2001, 07:29 PM
Feeling Overwhelmed

Sending BIG s to Elise!

I'd like to assure you that all the emotions that you are experiencing right now are completely normal. I'm sorry that you are having problems with the heavy bleeding. I just want to encourage you to hang out with all of us here in the Land of Hyster! You will learn so much simply by reading reading & more reading! Please feel free to post questions as they come to mind. I learned so much here before I had my surgery. It helped me prepare for doctor visits too. I gained knowledge here and was able to ask my doctor more specific questions cuz I took the time to read in here.

Take comfort in knowing that all of your emotions are very normal.

Sending you my best wishes,
Unread 07-24-2001, 07:33 PM
Feeling Overwhelmed

Big Hugs Elise!!

So sorry to hear about your major bleeding right now. Soon this will all be behind you. I hope the meds the doctor gave you give you some relief.

Sounds as though you have a lot on your plate right now. There is alot of preparing to be away from work for a fair length of time isn't there?

But you know....they will get through it, and you will get through it all as well.

I did not have the preparation time as I didn't have more than 10 days notice before my surgery and I was too ill to work between finding out I needed the surgery and having it.
And I thought for sure work would fall apart without me there, and without my being able to delegate things that needed to be done etc. I was actually off for 4 months in total. But...they did survived and they rarely even had to call me to find where things were either.

You are right about the paperwork though. There is indeed alot of it to be filled out.

So..right now you need to concentrate on YOU...and getting yourself well. Everything else will fall into place.

A teenager with chickenpox eh??? Sorry to hear that. I remember chickenpox well...and the iching just about drove me nuts.

Try to take it one day at a time and what doesn't get done today will be done another day!
Wishing you all the best Elise!!

Maria
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-24-2001, 07:47 PM
Feeling Overwhelmed

Patty and Maria:

Thanks for the warm thoughts and encouragement. One day at a time is good advice. I will keep that thought with me as I gain information and knowledge through this site.

Thanks, Elise

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register