"Funky" discharge pattern 12 days post hysterectomy, and still feeling off balance? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

"Funky" discharge pattern 12 days post hysterectomy, and still feeling off balance? "Funky" discharge pattern 12 days post hysterectomy, and still feeling off balance?

Unread 05-14-2016, 01:58 AM
"Funky" discharge pattern 12 days post hysterectomy, and still feeling off balance?

Hi ladies, I was just wondering if anyone else has had this problem...

When I go to the bathroom and wipe, there's a pink color discharge, not a lot, but its still there, but when I look on my panty liner, it's a brown color. It's confusing me. Shouldn't it be either one or the other?
Is anyone else having the same thing happen?

Also, I'm still having episodes of feeling off balance. Especially when I'm tired. Anyone else have this too? I'm trying to differentiate whether it's caused by the anesthesia still, or if it's possibly my allergies acting up.

Thanks! Hezz <3
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-14-2016, 02:53 AM
"Funky" discharge pattern 12 days post hysterectomy, and still feeling off balance?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hezz806 View Post

When I go to the bathroom and wipe, there's a pink color discharge, not a lot, but its still there, but when I look on my panty liner, it's a brown color. It's confusing me. Shouldn't it be either one or the other?

Also, I'm still having episodes of feeling off balance. Especially when I'm tired. Anyone else have this too? I'm trying to differentiate whether it's caused by the anesthesia still, or if it's possibly my allergies acting up.

Thanks! Hezz <3

Hi I'm new here and I'm about 4-5 days post op and I'm having the pink still but I'm thinking it may be normal for me at this point but I'm not sure about you. If it were me I would just call my dr and ask. I am definitely having the exact same problem with the off balance feeling along with anxiety and insomnia. It is driving me insane. I know that probably doesn't help much but I guess it must be common cause a few people have said the same about theirs.
Unread 05-14-2016, 07:17 AM
Re: "Funky" discharge pattern 12 days post hysterectomy, and still feeling off balance?

The brown is older blood.. Pink is newer. Possibly you have an irritation from catheter so maybe you only get it when urinate? ..Just continue to monitor.. Call your Dr if moreso or to ease your mind.

The weak off balance feeling is typical.. Your body has been thru a lot, anesthesia, hormones adjusting, pain medications. BP can go low for a few days post op. It just affects us all around. Hydrate & eat healthy so you can restore your strength. Magnesium, B12 B complex, C, multi Vit..Walking inside is OK & your strength will return. It gets better!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-14-2016, 11:09 AM
Re: "Funky" discharge pattern 12 days post hysterectomy, and still feeling off balance?

Thanks ladies! I'm beginning to think I may have a UTI from the catheter that they used. I've been having pressure since the surgery, but I thought that was just normal post op pain. When I went pee this morning, there was pink on the toilet paper, but I also felt like someone was stabbing my bladder this time, and there was nothing on the liner at that time. It's Saturday, so I can't call the office now. Do you think I can hold off til Monday, or should I go to ER and get checked out?
Unread 05-14-2016, 05:25 PM

Have you tried calling your doctor? Most offices have an on-call doctor for things like this that happen after hours or on weekends. I had pink, brown, red, yellowish, orangish, discharge off and on throughout recovery. My doctor said it was normal for me. Sometimes the colors would change over the course of a day. My doctor said it was normal for me. I also had bladder pain for a couple weeks, but I did not have the stabbing pain you describe. It would be a good idea to talk to your doctor or have it checked out. Keep us posted.
Unread 05-15-2016, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hezz806 View Post

Thanks! Hezz <3
Hello sister!

I too had funky colors. Some pink in the beginning then orange then yellow then wierd rusty color. Freaked me out. I was told it's normal. However, I wound up with a urinary tract infection and bladder infection. Miserable. After the antibiotics I got a yeast infection. My whole downtown was a mess! If your bladder pain is significant I would call on call doc. There is a product named AZO that makes cranberry pills. The new packages also contain a pill to help with irritation- it isnt a cure but it does help while you are waiting! Most all pharmacies carry it, I got mine at walmart. Once you get a urine analysis you ll be good to go and if it's an infection they ll treat ya. I take cranberry pills every day now. Those catheters are brutal and I was told that most women wind up with something or other because of them.
Good luck and I hope this helps. Happy healing!

Tiffany
Unread 05-15-2016, 08:49 PM

Thanks everyone. I have been thinking that maybe it's not a UTI after all. The more I think about it, I'm not having the normal symptoms of one. I'm not having to gogo every 5 minutes, and it feels like I'm emptying my bladder each time I go. I think it may just be from the surgery. I have to call the doc tomorrow anyway due to a bright red discharge I had this morning and for part of the day today, so I'll be sure to mention that also.

Hope you're all feeling well! ((Hugs)) Hezz

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register