TLH 1 week post hysterectomy 8/22 - is there a way to lay in bed? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

1 week post hysterectomy 8/22 - is there a way to lay in bed? 1 week post hysterectomy 8/22 - is there a way to lay in bed?

Unread 09-02-2016, 03:42 PM
Re: 1 week post hysterectomy - is there a way to lay in bed?

I sleep in my bed on my back with a pillow under my knees. I do have some back pain as I am a side sleeper so a heating pad helps when it gets bad. During the day I am in a lift recliner... Best invention ever!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-02-2016, 03:45 PM

Hello,

At one week and before I just slept on my back. I could not turn. I do not have ovaries, all was taken. It was after two weeks when I could sort of go on my side.
I have an adjustable bed which helped. My daughter is a dancer and she helped me learn how to step up on my stool next to my bed ,since the bed is high and turn around and have the bed up and sit as close as possible to the top and the put my legs up on the bed.
Getting out was a simple like slide out with pain.

Hopes this helps. Feel better soon.

Verna::welcome1
Unread 09-02-2016, 06:53 PM
1 week post hysterectomy 8/22 - is there a way to lay in bed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camieu View Post
Hi ladies,
I am new here. I am exactly one week today and have been having lots of pain down there mostly when walking or standing. My ovaries hurt as well. I did go to the store with my husband yesterday (which he did not want to take me) but i figured i needed to walk a bit. Well came home and was in lots of pain /soreness. I have tried sleeping on my side but feel the pressure down there even with pillows and i dont have a recliner so right now my back with pillows propped up and under my knees is not really helping. Has anyone else had this?. I had a TVH only thing i have are ovaries. Thank you
Hi, welcome to the post op side.. Aches & pains are quite normal at only 1 week into recovery... Are you taking your pain meds? Going to the grocery store at week 1 is pretty premature.. For many of us, side sleeping for a few weeks is too uncomfortable.

Be sure youre keeping the GI system going otherwise the common post op constipation puts additional pressure on everything. Lots of fruits, veggies, juices, prunes, prune juice, magnesium, pumpkin seeds. Yogurt or kefir..

Cold packs for swelling, heat pad for pains. Stay well hydrated, little walking in or outside a couple times a day.

You had a big surgery. It takes time to heal. Feel better!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-02-2016, 07:42 PM

I cocooned pillows all around me to support everything. I bundled my belly with them, and slept on my side with a pillow between my knees. The first few days, I slept half sitting up propped with pillows. Same incline as the hospital bed. Don't know if either will work for you, but hope something does.
Unread 09-02-2016, 08:20 PM

Camieu
I have the same as you going on. Finding out we are doing to much. .need more rest..aka laying around. Ice packs have been helping some. I cannot sit up currently, standing & walking or laying in a reclined positing feel ok though for the most part. My most comfortable positon is a flat tempur-pedic pillow for head & thicker pillow under knees but closer to back. Seems to take the pressure of everywhere. Heat pack on the back & ice pack the front & down below. Doc told me too mix up the day with 3 advil 4 hours & then 3 Tylenol 4 hours. Can't take the strong stuff it makes me to sick.
Hope this helps you!
Happy & safe healing!
Stacy D
Unread 09-02-2016, 08:46 PM

I'm having that issue too! Lots of pillows seem to help, and sleeping in a recliner worked out well, especially for my back. I'm 4 days out, and I can lie on my side now again with a pillow tucked under me. Good luck, and take it slow!
Unread 09-06-2016, 03:28 PM

I am 2 weeks post - op and still prefer the recliner! I've tried twice to sleep in bed and woke up both times in shocking abdominal pain! (I tend to roll over on my belly in bed!)
I hope it gets better!!!!

Unread 09-06-2016, 07:46 PM

Very carefully and how ever you are comfortable.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register