Wow! What a very supportive site! thank you!!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Closed Thread

Wow!  What a very supportive site!  thank you!!! Wow! What a very supportive site! thank you!!!

Unread 11-19-2004, 04:24 PM
Wow! What a very supportive site! thank you!!!

I'm so glad I found this place!
My fiance has many questions that needed to be answered. She was all scheduled for a Supra Cervical Laprascopic hysterectomy next week, but last night her hospital GYN department called and said her surgeon was fired and another doctor was going to proceed with a TAH!

She was going to keep one ovary, and her cervix, but now everything is going. She's on an emotional roller-coaster now.

I did as much research as I could and now that I've found this place I'm sending her here! I hope you women can relive some of her stress and help her with her anxiety a bit!

Thank you!!!

Peter
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-19-2004, 05:01 PM

Hi Peter,

I am 7 months post op from my LSH (Laparoscopic SupraCervical Hysterectomy) . I am very pleased with my surgery results. I was glad to be a candidate for the surgery since it is a less evasive hysterectomy.

That is really terrible news about your fiance's Dr!! It must be a total shock to you both.

I can suggest taking some time to regroup with her and canceling the surgery possibly if you feel it is necesary, so you both have time to search out another LSH Dr.

I can suggest calling the major hospitals in your area and asking them for LSH Drs. Also, you could call the AMA in your area and they may be able to help.

Is your fiance's Dr. in a medical group?? Possibly, another Dr. in the group could do the LSH surgery at a later date. Or possibly check out well-known gynecological medical groups in your area. They may have LSH Drs on staff.

Or go to the internet. Possibly you could find some LSH information online.

Even the phone book under "physicans" could be a tool now. Or her girlfriends. I found my LSH Dr. through an acquaintance.

The key thing I liked about a LSH is that it allowed me to keep my cervix (and ovaries). In my research in pre-op, I liked what I read about keeping both, if I was a candidate.

We Hyster Sisters are here to help if we can.

Best wishes,

Mary
Unread 11-19-2004, 05:37 PM

P.S. If you have insurance, you could possibly call your insurance provider and ask for referrals on LSH Drs in your area.

Mary
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-19-2004, 07:02 PM

Hi Peter. I'm glad you're sending your fiance here to hystersisters. Because this is a women to women website and men are asked not to register/post, I'm closing this thread. We'll look forward to hearing from your fiance.

Thanks for understanding.
Closed Thread

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register