Help Me!!!!!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Help Me!!!!!! Help Me!!!!!!

Unread 03-19-2001, 09:42 AM
Help Me!!!!!!

I just found this web-site today and it is just in time! I AM CRACKING UP. I am scheduled for a hyster (as you say) on 5-8-01. I have had unbearable endometreosis since i was 13. I have only been able to function in life because i have been on the pill for 15+ years. (Reduced the pain to an on and off dull ache) I am getting sick of the pill and its side effects and possible side effects. I am a 31 year old mom of two great kids and have one great hubby to boot. I was excited at first at the thought of getting rid of my period, pain, anemia and pill. I had actualy learned to live with the pain. Now the doc. is suggesting a hyster. He wants to take the uteris and ovaries because they are all consumed. (Yes my pregnancies were miracles) I am so terified of the menopauseal symptoms, depresion, weight gain, HRT and all that other stuff. I have done a lot of internet research and it is all so SCARY. My mom went off the deep end when she went through natural menopause. And I read that a surgical menopause is worse. Tell me your stories! Give me advice! HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mindysullivan@hotmail.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-22-2001, 09:21 AM
Help Me!!!!!!

I haven't had mine yet but I can tell you why I decided to have one. For years I have suffered with heavy bleeding and painful periods. Then about a year ago, it was discovered that I had large fibroids. The fibroids are now pressing on other things like my bladder, intestines, etc. I can't laugh, sneeze or cough without worrying about accidents. My periods are another source of anguish worrying about flooding, etd. My doctor finally said that we should do something about them and referred me to the gyn. I spoke with him for about 40 minutes or so and we decided then and there that a hysterectomy was the only choice I had at this point (other than doing nothing or a myoectcomy(sp?)). I don't want to spend years trying procedures that probably won't work in the end, so I said to go with the hysterectomy. They began the scheduling process that day before I left the office. I have not regretted the decision, except for a few fleeting thoughts here and then. I've been reading all I can from the internet and especially this website and I am more sure than ever that this is what I want to do. I do not feel apprehensive about the surgery because thanks to all the women here I feel like I know every step of the way what will happen to me, and even what might go wrong (and then what to do about it). Keep reading and posting.
Unread 03-22-2001, 09:35 AM
Help Me!!!!!!

Mindy - Hello and welcome. I had tah/bso last March. I was scared of the same things pre-op. Surgery and recovery were uneventful. I had an estrogen patch put on the day after surgery..but opted to take daily estrogen pill when I got home. I haven't gained any weight..actually lost 10 lbs. and my moods are more stable now than they've been in years. I haven't experienced any menopause symptoms. Sometimes if you have endo. gyn. wait a couple of weeks to start HRT...but discuss all that with your gyn.

I'm glad you found us...we'll be with you every step of the way.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-22-2001, 10:08 AM
Help Me!!!!!!

I think almost every sister goes through what you are feeling right now. I know I did! I was scared I'd become this little old lady! Well, although it's only been 3 weeks today, I really feel I made the right choice for me. Stay with this board and read, read, read. You will find the support you need because these princesses understand what you are going through!
Unread 03-22-2001, 11:02 AM
It's not all scary

All opinions stated below are my own and are not intended as medical advice.

Hi Mindy

You've been reading the WRONG STUFF!! There are lots of wonderful stories about menopause being a time of renewal and growth. That has been my experience. I went through menopause naturally and I didn't go crazy or burn to death or drown in my own sweat. I have now had my ovaries removed and notice the difference and am on HRT. Again, I'm not experiencing any weird symptoms, haven't grown hair in places I don't want it, no sore breasts, and the sweats stopped about a week after I started HRT (a month after my surgery).

Of course there are no guarantees and nobody can predict what your particular situation will be, but it seems to me the vast majority of us manage very well and find HRT that is good for us. There are so many more choices today than there have been in the past, there is bound to be an answer for you that will help you feel just great!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register