Strange achiness around the vagina? 7 wks post op - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Strange achiness around the vagina? 7 wks post op Strange achiness around the vagina? 7 wks post op

Unread 03-27-2008, 02:29 PM
Strange achiness around the vagina? 7 wks post op

I tried to move up my doctor's appt to earlier next week, but no such luck.
If anyone else gets to the doc sooner, please let us know what they think it is.

For me its definitely a soreness, not pain. Just sore, like sex without lubrication or dry skin that has rubbed together to long. I don't have any bleeding or discharge. Puzzling me for sure.

As we have all found this recovery process has many facets. Even though each ladies' surgery was performed differently the recovery seems to have similar issues.
Best to all, let's hope we get the answer soon.

________-

LAVH w/removal of left ovary due to tumor and bladder and intestinal repairs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-27-2008, 03:34 PM

On Monday, I was at my 6wk. mark. I agree everyone has many different facets with the recovery process. Some of us though have similar experiences. My Dr's appt. is not until Apr. 17th. I guess I'm afraid something has come undone, because I did have some repair work with my vag. hyster. with both ovaries left . I have not even looked down there with a mirror. It is this odd sensation, which is not present all the time.
Unread 04-04-2008, 05:28 PM

Well, I finally got an answer today for all the soreness I have been feeling.
My doc used the type of stitches that take 3 months to dissolve. They are starting to dissolve and hanging down inside rubbing against the inside of the vagina. The irritation is what was causing the soreness.
The doc I saw today removed as many of the stitches as she could before I started to get uncomfortable. So I am going back in two weeks to check the stitches that are remaining and perhaps get the rest removed.
So I am little sore and achy tonight and have a little spotting.
Other than that she said that the healing is going well.
The hot flashes are another story, she wouldn't give me HRT told me to try some of the OTC things first.
Hope everyone is feeling better.
Unread 04-04-2008, 06:40 PM

I have this same problem. I called my Dr office and talked to the triage nurse she said I over did it. She said it is strange to have my vagina hurt now but she said it is normal because there is trauma in there. She told me bed rest only this weekend. Limit my sitting up because of the pressure and if it continues to get worse to go to the ER. Why now? It has been 3 weeks and I was getting better. She said you hit walls and it takes 6 weeks to get better. I got a mirror to look and it is very swollen, bruised and looks raw in the opening. When I lay down it gets better. Guess I'll be laying around this weekend.
Unread 04-04-2008, 07:07 PM

I hit that wall at 6 weeks with pressure, a pulling sensation and back pain.
Nurses basically told me same thing - to rest, well turned out I had a urinary tract infection. If you're not feeling better Monday, I would called and ask for an appt. It never hurts to be checked.
Since my surgery on 1/4, I've had the UTI, a yeast infection and now the irritating stitches. So if you feel something is wrong, go with your gut feeling until you are proven otherwise! Look at me, I'm at 3 months and still having issues.

good luck-hope you feel better.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register