Oh My Gosh, Surgery is Friday - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Oh My Gosh, Surgery is Friday Oh My Gosh, Surgery is Friday

Unread 03-15-2004, 03:15 PM
Oh My Gosh, Surgery is Friday

Elizabeth.

Well I'm glad I made you laugh. And please don't think I am ungreatful that people are telling me you will be fine. I am too obsessing big time. I told my husband on Saturday ( I was having a big pity party) that I just don't think I can do this. There again, he says you'll be fine. LOL I was having this big pity party about it was a nice weekend and of course the last one I will see for a few weeks and everyone decided to do chores around the home, we never do that, so why do it now. No lie, my husband decided to do this electrical thing to the BBQ that we have hand an extension cord to for a YEAR. I know the whole neighborhood heard me in garage, this is about ME. Am I being a tad bit of a witch. Anyway, pray for peace and relaxing techniques. I usually have a glass of wine or two but I thought I'd not having any before the surgery this week. So I am relying on exercise and valium.

Tina
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-15-2004, 03:17 PM
understand your feelings

I had my hyst. 03/09/04 got home 5 days later. Your worries and fears I assure you are normal. I too felt the same. I had months of heavy bleeding and ended in the hospital many times. I did not have much time to worry only a day and it was booked. Those 24 hours were tough, didn;t sleep etc...the worst for me was the waiting. Little pain after, yes you do have to pace yourself after but I am up and around, and the hugh stress I was under with bleeding is gone. I was up and walking that night. Don;t let fear make your decission. I wish you the best in whatever you decide.
Unread 03-15-2004, 03:22 PM

LinLinLin:

Thanks so much for your positiviness. That is why we ladies are all here and for advise. I envy you only having 24 hours. If I could go today I would.

Tina
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-15-2004, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by flameglow

I also had several laps done, but this time it is more major than a lap. At least from what I hear.
*embarrassed grin* I first read this as LAP DANCE, not "laps done". Here I am, for a few seconds, thinking I'll get a TAH from my doctor and a lap dance from a cute orderly.

Pack bags? Well, today I bought a toothbrush and a small tube of paste. Guess I better get working on it especially since my area is due for 4-8 inches of snow tomorrow.
Unread 03-15-2004, 07:14 PM

that is hilarious. Lap Dance. Well my surgeon are women, I don't know about that.

Bag is packed.

Tina
Unread 03-15-2004, 07:47 PM

Teena--
(((HUGS))) to ya--as far as packing, I have my housecoat/slippers and some toiletries packed. I have a teddy bear from one of the Teddy Bear factories that I 'adopted' (her name is Leslie Nicole) that is going with me for support. I will be keeping you in my thoughts--I remember once I thought that you sounded alot like me--and I dont mean that as an insult. Post after you get home and feel like it--lots of us will be waiting for ya.
Thoughts and prayers go with you--
Edna
Unread 03-15-2004, 07:55 PM

18 days post-op. I feel wonderful. I have had no discomfort that a couple Ibuprofen couldn't handle. I started to increase the lengths of my walks over the weekend and that has been a big help too.

Pack a little bottle of something to spritz on yourself while in the hospital. A little lavendar or a floral of some kind is a great little pick me up.

Hugs to all the LIW. It's ok to be anxious. It is also ok to want a good quality of life again. After having "Aunt Flo" around 24/7 for weeks on end it is so GREAT to not have to wear a pad. :-)
Unread 03-15-2004, 07:56 PM

Edna:

No insult I have felt close and thought the same thing with you and a few others, there is one on here who we share the same surgery date and marriage annivesary. I am hoping all will be well I just needed to vent about SIL and now BIL as when my DH ask him to pray for me on Friday for the Hyst. He said sure and went on to say that his wife was have a cyst removed off her thumb. I repeat THUMB. Well you know what you can do with that thumb????? LOL. Geeze. I am having major surgery and we are having a thumb thing. Sorry. I need to vent hope you all get a good laugh.

Tina
Unread 03-15-2004, 08:36 PM

OMG Tina!!

I hope her Thumb comes through okay!!

We must get our priorities right!!

Sheesh...what can I say!!

You gotta laugh, otherwise you go insane.

Hugs Merrydee
Unread 03-16-2004, 01:38 AM

Friday the 19th is my big day, too. TAH/BSO. And yes, I've also got the willies. It feels like a Stepford Wives thing, where everybody calmly smiles and says "you'll be fine". Meanwhile, I feel like Jason's out in the shed revving up his chainsaw! Aaacccckkkkk!

Then I get sane again and add another item to my suitcase.

I relate completely to the "last time before the surgery" feelings. We had an early St. Pat's party with friends on Saturday night. My DH works nights, so Sunday night was our last hot date for a while.

We got my recovery room ready over the weekend (fixed up the extra bedroom - stole the mini refrigerator and tiny microwave from the family room and hooked up the cable tv). The bedrooms are up two flights of stairs, so once I crawl up them I plan on staying for a couple of weeks. I'm pampering myself as much as possible - even bought one of those little touch lamps so I don't have to reach too far to turn the light off.

I'm a freelance writer, so I'm finishing up assignments and clearing my schedule. Two more stories to go; should have those done by Tuesday night. That will leave Wednesday and Thursday for me to get out of the house and go anywhere I want to. I'm going to soak up the sunshine before I get housebound.

Blessings to all the sisters who are also heading for the Castle on Friday.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register