Scared - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 10-28-2010, 11:16 AM
Re: Scared

For the two of you who are scared, it is understandable. However, I can tell you with full belief that you will feel better after the surgury. I had a total hysterectomy leaving the right ovary via Da Vinci on Oct 13. In the last two weeks, I have NOT had any emotional outbursts and my husband too says he has his wife back.

I found it difficult to lean on God (due to past losses and knowing I would never be pregnant again) but that too has settled back down within me. During pre op I cried the whole time and then when i saw my doc the next time, she asked me if i was sure I wanted to have the surgury. I went ahead with it just so
I would end both my and my husbands misery due to hormonal/emotional outbursts. The morning of the surgury, the hospital staff was absolutely wonderful. I even took (my husband packed it) my big teddy bear and I held on to it until they took me to surgury. I was a wreck so they kept giving me stuff to calm me down. I barely remember being wheeled into surgury and even less remember them putting the mask on me. The next thing i knew, seriously, was that I was being taken to my room where I would spend the night. They gave me a morphine drip to help with pain, and the catheter, I hardly knew I had it. It let me not have to get up to go potty for the first 18 or so hours after surgury.

If you can find peace about having the surgury, aka making a list of pros for having the surgury, it will ease your fears or at least give you something positive to look forward to AFTER the surgury.

My thoughts and prayers are with you both!

Sincerely,

Melissa
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-28-2010, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesuslovesme View Post
Thank-you for your last reply..it seems lighter now I have people to talk to...I guess one of the added things is I'm not the young girl I used to be..and I caught my so-called fiance in the bed with a 20 something year old girl(she was hiding on floor untill I found here) I say that to say that Im not feeling really good emotional or physically....I feel insulted and OLD!!! so just continue to love me in christ for those of you who belive...I need everyone of you right now...Thanks

Please know that I am praying for you.
Many (((hugs)))

The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit. Psalm 34:18
Unread 10-28-2010, 04:33 PM

Being scared of the unknown is normal.... but you will come through this and be better on the other side. You're in my prayers as well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-30-2010, 09:49 PM

Hello Jesus Loves Me! First your ex bf is a dog! I'm sorry for what he did to you. You deserve better. Maybe God was showing you he wasn't the one. God has someone better for you. Second, I was scared and did a lot of researching and thinking before my surgery and that was 4 years ago. And I have been doing the happy dance ever since. I had no problems, no weight gain and now I am pain free. I will pray for you. He says He will never leave or forsake us (Heb 13:5). Jesus is right there with you!
Unread 10-31-2010, 12:24 AM

Hugs & prayers for all the scared ladies.

If it helps, I had a TAH, taking both ovaries. I'm almost 6 weeks post-op, & feel great. Over the last year and a half, my energy was dwindling. I didn't realize how much until today. I'm back to my pre-op energy, & expecting to keep getting stronger with time.

I wish you all a speedy & easy recovery.
Unread 10-31-2010, 07:50 PM

Okay I didn't watch the what mama said video...but let me tell you what mine said!! I told her I was having a total hysterectomy..her reply was "Well you know some people don't make it through them things!!! I said to her "I'm not claiming that'...but she had on when she was in her late 30's and she still here at 70 something..God the things that comes out her mouth irks me...i don't need her waiting in the waiting area waiting for me to die and that spirit of doomed for me when i come out of surgery...,all my life I had her over me...and now i wont have it anymore,,i have a choice...but i know she said that because my aunt went in for a hysterectomy to never come out alive. she was swollen to the point of not even being recognized as the same person...so i didn't need to here her tell me that...nothing ever positive has she ever said to me..another area will deal with..please pray for me ..this site has been such a comfort to me..that i am not alone...and even though i cant see you i know youre there..this i cant even get from my 4 grown daughters or my family....God has provided for me through you guys..God Bless!!!
Unread 10-31-2010, 07:52 PM

Thank you sweetie!!! God Bless!!!
Unread 10-31-2010, 09:33 PM

Hi JesusLovesMe. Don't let your mother and her scary stories about your aunt scare you. Most people do just fine and medicine is more advanced than it was when your mother and aunt had their surgery. And you are right, God will provide angels. We are here for you! Prayers and blessings!:angels:
Unread 10-31-2010, 10:25 PM

Thinking of you tonight and I know you will be strong through this and everything will be much better... I will be waiting for another 2 months, so I will watch over you and make sure you are OK.... I am 37, but feel like I am 23 so I get scared thinking about this as well...
Unread 10-31-2010, 11:13 PM

Fear knows no age. I think a part of most of us feels like a child, when it comes to something like this.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register