No Way to Explain | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

No Way to Explain No Way to Explain

Unread 01-22-2013, 05:54 PM
No Way to Explain

I hav no words to explain the "funk" I am in. Its hard to put into words how I feel.

I am not really depressed.Or anxious.Or even that sad.

I was happy to have the surgery. Yet I am sad because I will never have anymore kids at all. My tubes were tied in 2011!!

My work no longer excites me.I loved my job.Now I would be happier sitting at home doing nothing.

Things I did enjoy I can easily skip now.

I am not crying at all.Its just....I don't know what..hard to explain....

Argh.My co-worker has convinced me to call my doctor and ask for anti-depressants.She has went through all this and knows the feeling I can't explain.

I am on vivelle and it works great. I don't think it is hormone related.

I do want to switch off of it.It leaves red,itchy,and bumpy spots on me. That plus th lint that gets on it and looks so dirty.Argh..that bugs me the most. LOL

Then I have issues with my body.I feel different.I hate my stomach even more than before.I wasn't skinny and always had a belly but now? I cover it when around hubby.

Just so much of a mixed bag right now.

I am happy with my descision.I will over come this soon...Just very frustrating.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-22-2013, 06:46 PM
Re: No Way to Explain

Sorry you are going through a rough patch .. I hear you .. I have felt like that or 5 years .. A friend of mine also suggested anti D's but i am just not a pill person. I am hoping that since i don't feel physically ppphhhttt any more, i will have more energy to get out more, do "different and new" things .. Whatever that is!! Consider doung some stuff for others . It really helps take your mind off things. Bake for your local fire dept, clean out your closet and donate to a women's shelter, drop off some magazines at your local old folks home.
Hang in there .. We are here for you!!
Unread 01-22-2013, 07:11 PM

I am in the same boat, so no advice besides **** hugs ****
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-22-2013, 08:47 PM

I am sorry about you not feeling well. I know how it can be...

Have you thought of talking to a therapist? It can be a good option to medication and it might give you tools to deal with "the funk".
Unread 01-22-2013, 09:01 PM

! had that same feeling, flat, disinterested, not happy, not sad either, just nothing. When I went back to work I almost cried because a job I loved I had no interest in and also being a full time student, all of a sudden I justed wanted to quit (graduating this semester!!). For me it was hormonal and lasted for a few weeks. It started to subside when I could tell my ovaries were back "online". I don't have experience with HRT but from some of the posts I've seen it seems that you have to get acclimated. That being said I would contact the dr anyway. Not necesarily for anti D's because I wouldn't want those either if its hormonal. But maybe that is info that is needed for s/he to know you may need your dosage tweeked. Like I said just a thought and hopefully another more experienced sister will be by soon to put in her

Unread 01-22-2013, 09:11 PM

I hear you. I am sorry you are going through this.

I had my tubes tied 6 months before my hyst and I feel the same way. Didn't want more kids, now sad I can't have the kids I didn't want to have in the first place.

And worst is I feel like a stranger in my own body. It just doesn't fit right.

Sending a hug, I hope anti-depressants help. If not, maybe therapy. That's what I am being encouraged to do.
Unread 02-24-2013, 01:20 PM

I feel the same way like a stranger in my own body and yes nothing excites me anymore and that is tough since I have a six yr old who is counting on mommy, I do therapy and I will try 5-htp a natural product that is supposed to lift your mood and supposed to enhance your well being I will try it just because it is natural and not addictive (given to women with pms symptoms and I know even teenage girls even take it) worth a try because I cannot stay like this, waiting to snap out of it! had a TAH kept ovaries, and thought I would be fine (hormones) this is all too much, I thought it was all a 6-8 wk ordeal and then zap back to normal soooo not the case.

Guess things will get better with time.

Good luck to all and thanx for the support.
xoxo

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register