Sleeping positions...need HELP! - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Sleeping positions...need HELP! Sleeping positions...need HELP!

Unread 06-02-2006, 09:59 PM
Sleeping positions...need HELP!

My next house/condo will have a first floor master bedroom!!!! Between the surgeries and the bad knees I think that is the only way to go!!! :roll2:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-04-2006, 02:37 AM

Hi, Some wonderful hystersister mentioned the body pillow and I couldn't have slept without one. I found a cheap but perfect slightly smaller sized one at Walgreen's and it was only $14.95. It's about 2 and half feet long and I can put my arm and knee over it. Very comfy. Asta
Unread 06-04-2006, 01:24 PM

Have you tried over the counter gluosimine for the knees? Recommended by an orthopedist. I have had bad knees 12 years since a car accident.Since I starting taking it, I have RARELY had even a twinge.

(TAH; kept ovaries; adenomyosis, age 45)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-04-2006, 02:23 PM

I am in my third week and thankfully have short steps 13 of them but they are not tall. I use them backwards too, friend told me about this.
I had an old mattress topper that was made out of heavy duty foam about 2 inches thick. I cut pillow size (or the size I wanted out) wit an exacto knife. I sleep on my side and sleep with one between my knees, 2 behind my back and then a section rolled up in front of me on the sofa. I have a very old sofa and it seems a little wider but this works for me to get about 3 hours sleep, then I wake up hurting, sit and move around for a little while, then start the whole thing all over again. I figured out to put a large one in front of me after the first day home and I rolled over on my stomache. I won't repeat the words I said or the pain I had, but I did learn quickly!

Hope you find some relief and hang in there.
Unread 06-04-2006, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissBug
Have you tried over the counter gluosimine for the knees? Recommended by an orthopedist. I have had bad knees 12 years since a car accident.Since I starting taking it, I have RARELY had even a twinge.

(TAH; kept ovaries; adenomyosis, age 45)
Yes, I used to drink the "joint juice" product religiously, then this past February I had surgery on right knee. Going in we thought I had a torn meniscus but as it turns out, it was just very bad arthritis under the knee cap. The surgeon cleaned it out, I had physical therapy and I've been doing much better.

It did kick up a bit in the rainy spring weather here... but still nothing like last year, when I thought of begging someone to buy my house so I could move into a ranch immediately!

I guess I just want to see "how good" the surgery was before I start the joint juice again... But I probably will by this fall. Surgeon also offered to inject some kind of "oil" into my knees (Via a needle, of course ) and that sounds like a last resort thing to me!

Before my hyst I was very concerned about losing the progress I had made with my knees... but the pain after the surgery made me put that concern on the back burner! My hubby was shocked that there is no physical therapy to follow up for hysterectomy patients! Kinda seems like there should be doesn't it?
Hanging in there...

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register