Back from pre-op screening | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Back from pre-op screening Back from pre-op screening

Unread 09-20-2002, 02:13 PM
Back from pre-op screening

anyone with an up coming pre-op screening wanted to post a postive post. Mine went great. All the worry for nothing.

dh and i went in filled out book of paperwork, sat in a room with about 12 other people waiting. in came a couple (looked about 70 and so cute!!) their were two chairs left on opposite sides of the room. husband sat on one side and wife on the other. finally a lady who was there alone (sitting beside the husband) said to wife i'll be glad to change seats with you so you can sit beside your husband and wife yells (no that's ok you can stay over there with him!!!) my dh just about fell out of the chair laughing (had to elbow him) it was a good laugh though and by this point i was stressed to the max. Finally called my name got weight (just about cryed when i saw it), blood pressure then into a nice little room, talked to a very nice nurse. the castle i'm going to has a whole floor for surgery patients so that's where i'll be!! Yea!!

Then comes little man to talk about anethesia and I really got worried. This man was so happy i think he's been into the drugs. Every time i asked a question ex: will you use spinal, anything for nausea. just kept saying yea, yea, will get it all don't worry we'll take care of it. I asked him if he would be the one in surgery with me and he said no was off on monday. dh and i told him to enjoy his day off, the whole time thinking thank god!!!!!!! I will take my chances with someone new!! did make sure he wrote down everything on my chart. (patient wants happy drug or dh will probably have to slap her before you get her into surgery shes so stressed out now, patient wants meds so does not get sick with abdominal cut, patient will remain asleep the whole time during surgery or will come after little man when feels better) all the important stuff. after that got settled went in to have blood drawn (blood lady very very good-no pain) then left. all over in about an hour and a half. Came home with arm band with blood type and told units are reserved that match it in the blood bank just in case. Sorry so long but just so happy to have this over i'm giddy.

AFR
TAH/possible bso on monday 9-23
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-20-2002, 03:34 PM

Your post has made me feel a bit better. I have my pre-op on the 3rd of Oct, and I'm pretty nervous! I'm scared they'll find a heart murmur or something and what to do even more tests before the hysterectomy. Hopefully, my pre-op will go as smoothly as yours!
Unread 09-20-2002, 03:46 PM
Preop

Dear budabelly,

don't worry (it will drive you crazy i know) everything really will be ok. I made myself sick and it was all for nothing.

Didn't sleep for two nights!!!

We are all thinking of you and it is true what everyone says. the waiting is the worst part.

Lots of luck

AFR
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-20-2002, 05:36 PM
AFR

WOO-HOOO GOOD FOR YOU!! I am so envious of your wonderful pre-op, sounds like things couldn't of gone smoother. I love positive posts like yours as I am the biggest to cross this road. I am scheduled for my TAH/BSO next thursday. Here's wishing you a wonderful and speedy recovery let us know here how you're doing post-op and I will do the same. Altho right now I feel like I won't live through all this. I"m afraid to even go out and buy new jammies and big undies cuz I'm afraid i won't be around to wear them anyway. ugh!
Unread 09-20-2002, 05:46 PM
Karma - you sound like me!

I'm afraid too of not waking up. I am in the process of cleaning my house like crazy and making sure my eldest daughter, Summer, knows were all my important papers are. I've asked her 100 times if she's going to take care of my dog if something happens to me. She's so tired of it she just rolls her eyes at me now and won't answer me.

Darnit: I better wake up. I'm halfway through with my master's and for the first time in my life, I have a job I love. Things are good, except for this upcoming surgery and that I'm in custody fight for my youngest daughter, Savannah. That should be done by Sept or Oct and my surgery will be the end of Nov. Wish me luck on it all.
Unread 09-20-2002, 06:11 PM

So glad it went so well. Thanks for letting me know what to expect. My preop is oct 22!
Unread 09-20-2002, 06:14 PM
angiehope

How old is your Summer?? Her made me laugh as it sounds like my 20 year old, I know she gets tired of hearing me say stuff like "IF I'm still around, or "IF I don't have cancer. What a HUGE word for having such few letters. I found a quote on here somewhere the other day that said DO NOT ALLOW THE FEAR OF WHAT IF, TO RUIN THE JOY OF WHAT IS.... Talk about stress for you tho..in the middle of a custody battle and facing surgery, PLUS finishing up on your master's!! You sound like one tough cookie, you'll make it wanna bet. I've been trying to do the cleaning thing too, but i keep having company, all my family and i love them to pieces but my house is going to be so neglected for a long time it appears. Oh well that's the very least of my worries. I need all the hand holding I can get at this time in fact I better get off here and sneak a hug from the hubby. Isn't this board great!
Unread 09-20-2002, 07:09 PM
Yes - we are alike LOL

We are going to worry ourselves to death before this surgery even happens! This board is FANTASTIC! I feel so lucky to find it!

And Summer is 19 and married to a nice kid. They take good care of me and my son-in-law even mows all my grass when I pout the weeds are too tall. (Gotta know how to WORK it, yeah!)

Well, I'm headed to bed in a minute. I was sitting here reading posts when my naughty naughty left ovary went *twissssssssst* as though it knows its days are numbered.

Darn thing.

Hope to chat with you soon!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register