Wee, now it's an ovarian cyst.... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Wee, now it's an ovarian cyst.... Wee, now it's an ovarian cyst....

Unread 03-11-2007, 09:36 PM
Wee, now it's an ovarian cyst....

Hi Girls,

I have been having all this discomfort 6 months since hyster, ultrasound done and have an ovarian cyst that was not there at surgery time. Let me tell you, I am very worried, sure that this is causing all this pain. There is blood in urine but no infection. Each time I sit to pee, I cringe, as the pain gets worse. Lots of pressure and low mid to right side pain. Mom thinks more surgery is needed now to remove ovaries. Have appointment with Dr. in two weeks. Very stressed about this and worried it is not going to be good news. Any prayers and thoughts you can send my way will be appreciated.

Thank you
Shelley
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-11-2007, 09:58 PM

Hi Shelley (Aja 47). I'm sorry you're in pain and still dealing with discomfort. Cysts can be very painful, but really wouldn't explain blood in the urine. Since you're also having pain while urinating, you may want to make an appt. with a urologist in addition to seeing your dr. It can't hurt to try and address the pain from more than one angle.

Best wishes to you. I will keep you in my prayers. Keep us posted.
Unread 03-12-2007, 07:41 AM

I have heard of several women that begin developing ovarian cyst after their hysterectomy. I don't think its very common but not uncommon either. I am sorry you are experiencing this. I agree that it would not cause blood in your urine. That you may want to check out for infection or kidney stone. Kidney stones cause a lot of pain. I know because I went through a period in my life where I kept getting them

Hope you feel better soon.

Sherri
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-12-2007, 09:35 AM

Ovarian cysts do hurt...I never had one until my tubal surgery. Then imediately after.... I got them all the time, on top of everything else that was going on in there. They would grow until they either bursted or slowly leaked. I had my ovaries taken for that reason.
As far as the blood in your urine, its probably not from the cysts. I hope you feel better soon and (((((hugs))))) for you.
Unread 03-12-2007, 09:35 AM

I had several ovarian cysts. They usually go away on their own. The doctor put me on the BC pill and they went away.

However they are painful and can burst so you do need to follow up with your doctor.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register