Scheduled LAVH Did you get put to sleep with your LAVH??? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Did you get put to sleep with your LAVH??? Did you get put to sleep with your LAVH???

Unread 05-10-2009, 07:03 PM
Did you get put to sleep with your LAVH???

Or did they use an epidural since it is considered to be less evasive? I plan on asking my Dr which he plans on using on me but I won't see him again until my June 3rd pre-op appt.

Just wondering, thanks for sharing.........

Lisa
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-10-2009, 07:47 PM
Re: Did you get put to sleep with your LAVH???

My LAVH is scheduled for 6.2.09 and my doctor told me he'll be using general anesthesia.
Also when the hospital's anesthesiology dept called to do a pre-screen over the phone they told me the same thing.

I'm curious to hear what others have to say- I can't imagine being even partially awake for any surgery, so I didn't even ask (I'm a wimp!)
Unread 05-10-2009, 08:47 PM

I had my surg on 4/24 and was put to sleep as well. I did ask my DR if she could do a spinal or somthing. She said yes, but really would not recommend it cause I would freak out with the sounds & movements from the proceedure. I think they only do that if you have a medical reason that you cannot be put to sleep.
I was affraid to be put to sleep, but really it was not as bad as I thougt, just felt like a nap.

The worst part of the surg is the days before the surg, all the stuff that goes throught your mind, but when its all done your like wow this is so much better than I thought.

Good Luck
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-10-2009, 09:00 PM

I had my LAVH on 4/20 (it was my 5th Laparoscopic procedure). I have been put to sleep for all of them. I can't imagine doing it any other way.

Best of Luck!
Unread 05-10-2009, 11:31 PM

General anesthesia for both of my laparoscopies and my LAVH.

If you are interested in an epidural, talk to your doctor. Even with an epidural, many people are also given light or twilight sedation so they will not hear or remember anything.

Unread 05-11-2009, 04:53 AM

I think I would prefer to be put to sleep for the simple fact that my C-Section freaked me out and I could only imagine that the hyster would too!!!! I was just wondering if anyone opted for an epidural on this site!!
Unread 05-11-2009, 08:18 PM

I suggest you call the doctor's office. If the information wasn't covered in the appointment, then call and ask. I restricted my calls to once per day (maximum). I just made sure I had a list of questions when I called so I could ask (and write answers).

I was put under general anesthesia. I think my surgery was 2-3 hours.
Unread 05-11-2009, 08:22 PM

I just had my LAVH on Friday and was put to sleep. I was groggy all day but I wasn't going anywhere so I didn't mind. The worse part really was the day before.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register