cervix hurt during sex? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

cervix hurt during sex? cervix hurt during sex?

Unread 05-17-2008, 10:14 AM
cervix hurt during sex?

Finally after many years my PCP has referred me to a gyn. I have always had heavy periods..seems to have gotten worse lately but real heavy flowing lasting 3 days( changing pads/tampons every hour ) then spotting for 3 to 4 more. My dr told me I shouldn't have to suffer even one day with this. I also have painful intercourse deep inside. It is like my husband is hitting my cervix. This bothers me more than the heavy periods.
My gyn suggested the cryoablation "Her Option" which freezes the lining of the uterus. That will lessen or stop the periods but I don't think that will help with the painful sex. So we talked some more and he said I could have a hysterectomy but couldn't 100% guarantee that I wouldn't still have painful sex.
I am 49 yrs old and don't want to spend anymore time hurting everytime we make love. Does anyone else have this problem?? IF so, did you have a hysterectomy and did it help? We have used plenty of KY and different positions. I just don't know what else to do. My dr. said this surgery would solve both problems. But then I read where some women have more problems with sex after surgery. I certainly don't need that.
Any advice or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-17-2008, 11:15 AM
cervix hurt during sex?

what have you been diagnosed with? have you had a hysteroscopy or any diagnostic tests?
Unread 05-17-2008, 11:18 AM
cervix hurt during sex?

Hi punam,

Sorry to hear that you're going through all of this. I too know what it's like to have painful sex. Mine is because I have so many adhesions holding everything down and the vagina can't move freely. I used to be able to just "get through it" but I can't do that anymore. I have done all the different types of Lubricant, but it just doesn't help. I'm having a hysterectomy on Monday. They are taking it all out. I was worried about sex afterword, but the way my doctor told me was you already hurt, so the only thing that could change is you don't hurt anymore. When I looked at is this way, I knew this was the right thing to do.
From what I have read on here there are people who have problems with sex after their surgery, but I think alot of it has to do with dryness because their hormones aren't adjusted properly. Not everyone, but I think that's alot of it.
With what you are talking about with the Her option, I was given this opportunity when I was having really bad periods, but I understand that it's painful and I wasn't up for that . Also, I have a friend to had it done and it worked for about 6 months, and then she was back to heavy bleeding again. So....weigh your options and talk to as many people as you can. There might even be a place on this site that talks about ablation. I don't know. Other sisters will be around shortly to give you suggestions. I'm glad you found this site. It has really helped me and calmed me down.

Lots of
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-17-2008, 11:51 AM
cervix hurt during sex?

I have had a vaginal ultrasound done,,,found a small fibroid tumor. Then I had the hysteroscopy done...everything was okay. I am sitting here thinking maybe I should just put up with the pain. I am just ending my period which was awful and had convinced myself to have the hysterectomy now I am doubting myself again. It is such a big decision and I am scared.
Unread 05-17-2008, 12:12 PM
cervix hurt during sex?

DeniseEMTB....Thanks for your comments. The dr. did say if the Her Option didn't work I would be back for a hysterectomy anyway. So I could bypass that and just have the H done. You have eased my mind. I wish luck with your H on Monday. I'll be thinking of you!!
Unread 05-17-2008, 03:29 PM
cervix hurt during sex?

I could have written your post!!! I had those horrendous periods and the sex was excruciating.

I haven't tried things out yet because I have not been cleared yet by my doctor but I'm anticipating it will be much better than before.

I haven't gotten my path results yet but my doctor is 99.9% sure I had adenomyosis.
Unread 05-17-2008, 06:56 PM
cervix hurt during sex?

I also had painful sex as you described before surgery...my doc said that the heavyness of my uterus was causing slight prolapse of cervix...I had a Davinci robotic lsh, uterus removal only, kept cervix...I had very long, painful, irregular periods since I had turned 40...but I can tell you that I no longer have the pain, no longer feel like husband is hitting my cervix, and like to think that doc was right and that my adenomyosis was bogging down my uterus as I have not had any problems since surgery......good luck and make sure to get second opinion
Unread 05-18-2008, 10:10 AM
cervix hurt during sex?

Punam, I suggest you get another opinion. Your doctor's suggestion of the cryoablation sounds like it only addresses the heavy flow, not the painful intercourse. It seems to me that he isn't so concerned with your comfort with your husband. That's just how I read what you've written. You deserve having a doctor who addresses all of your concerns.

I wish you the best of luck!
Unread 05-19-2008, 07:51 PM
cervix hurt during sex?

I have the same problem! Last fall I had ablation for the heavy periods. (the "bumping" during sex wasn't too much of an issue then) After the ablation my dr told me that my uterus is prolapsing. That explains the bumping. Now the bumping has gotten increasingly worse and I am looking at a hyst. He tells me I cannot keep my cervix, but I think I am going to ask some more questions about that. I too, am very afraid that after surgery I will have issues with sex. I am really really afraid of that. I don't know how much help I am to you because I am still trying to find the answers too, but I wanted to let you know that you are not alone. This is really a wonderful site. Everyone is honest and helpful and you can ask anything. You will be in my thoughts and prayers as you pick your way thru this also. Hope we can compare notes along the way.
Unread 05-20-2008, 06:15 AM
cervix hurt during sex?

My uterus was prolapsed as well and my doctor said it was due to the weight of it.

I will give kudos to my doctor because one of the things that made him willing to give me my hyst was the pain I was having during sex. I had other factors as well but the painful sex was the biggie. I took my fiances mom with me to my consult and he had told us that if it was just the painful periods and heavy bleeding that he would have tried ablation before resorting to a hyst but that I needed to be able to be comfortable with my partner and the hyst was the best way to make that happen for me. I love that man!!!

I hope you are able to make the decision that is best for you.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register