Hysterectomy Abdominal Wound opened - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy Abdominal Wound opened Hysterectomy Abdominal Wound opened

Unread 11-13-2009, 02:13 PM
Re: Hysterectomy Abdominal Wound opened

Sorry to hear about your incision. Take it easy and I will continue to pray for a speedy recovery for you. As bad as it sounds, it could have been worse.....at least there is no infection.
Good luck and keep us posted.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-15-2009, 07:30 PM

Well I am doing pretty good. Saturday was the first day I could rest. I slept nearly all day. I guess I needed it. My daughter came and took me out to dinner and it was nice to get out but it wore me out. I got the wound vac on Friday morning and it is a tube in the middle of my wound and taped secure with no leaks taped to me and when turned on it sucked my incision shut which is pretty cool. At first it started sucking out a thin blood and now it is a bit thicker and color has changed a bit to yellow. I don’t think it’s infection I think it is scabbing which is awesome. I have a clear tape on my belly that is not uncomfortable and I have a bag to carry the vac in. It works constantly making a pumping noise that is not bad. It does not hurt. Feels good knowing it is sucking al that out of me and no more messy bandages to clean, they made me nauseous. I believe it is healing me by closing the wound and taking all the fluid out. I just feel it in my soul. I still get very tired. It charges so I can go places unplugged. I feel positive. Thank the Lord no Cancer results. I think I will be grand and doing great pretty soon. If any of you have to get one it is a good thing don’t worry about it “so far” Because it is in my abdomen area I do get a bit nauseous sometimes but not too bad. My appetite is not that large but that is a good thing for me. I will keep you posted. Thank you for all your positive notes and prayers.
I wear tight panties or shorts for support on my belly and it really seems to help too.
Blessings to all of you! Carla in Austin, TX
Unread 11-16-2009, 03:12 PM

I had the same problem!! had surgery on a monday, staples removed on wed. following day wound opened! went to dr. on friday put serio strips. had me come back in a week, more than half open!! he reopened and stiched back up so painful!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-16-2009, 06:22 PM

Ginana, I'm so sorry I know how you feel. They would not sew mine up. It's crazy. Oh well I think we will be happy after the first of the year when we get back to ourselves. Good Luck to you
Blessings, Carla
Unread 11-16-2009, 06:29 PM

What an ordeal. I'm sorry you have to experience this. I consider myself so very lucky in regards to how well I was stitched up and my incisions healed quickly and well. I just can not even imagine having to deal with that everyday. I hope you get well soon and the wound vac gets the job done quickly. Not being able to sit up but for only short periods sounds like it would be awful.
Unread 11-16-2009, 08:29 PM

Thank-you so much for your blessings! I am so glad i have found you ladies, still having problems manovering these forums
Unread 11-16-2009, 08:37 PM

don't feel bad...I've been on here for 3 weeks and still don't know how to start a new thread or ask a question!
Unread 11-16-2009, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by singincowgurl View Post
don't feel bad...I've been on here for 3 weeks and still don't know how to start a new thread or ask a question!
I'm with you on figuring this out. Ironically, you and I both seem to find each other!

SisterCarla...........great to hear that you are doing well. Very impressed that you are getting out of the house! Wishing you and the other sisters "happy healing"!
Unread 11-16-2009, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by singincowgurl View Post
Hi. Didn't know if you were just being funny or exaggerating, but thought I'd let you know...if you want to start a new thread....when you're on the main post-op board page (the one you were on before you clicked on this post's name), on the left, near the top is a button that says new topic or something to that effect. Just click on that and you'll start your own topic to ask a question.

Unread 11-16-2009, 11:30 PM

We heal from the inside out. I had abdominal surgery (below my naval and above my pubic bone) 7 years ago. I had the surgery late Monday afternoon and they removed my staples (covering about 7 inches of abdomen) on Wednesday before I was discharged. (This is the emergency surgery which involved the removal of my right ovary & fallopian tube, large endometrial tumor, and scar tissue). The surgeon said she doesn't usually take staples out that early but I healed fast. Being overweight or healthy weight makes a difference too. If someone doesn't have extra weight on their abdomen they don't need to leave the staples in as long.

Just another person's experience!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register