wow I can't sleep thinking about it | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

wow I can't sleep thinking about it wow I can't sleep thinking about it

Unread 05-18-2002, 06:18 AM
wow I can't sleep thinking about it

Hello every one, I'm new here and I'm very nervous about the surgery. A very special Lady ( Anne ) told me about this site and all I have done is read and I also met 2 wonderful girls that are having surgery the same day as me and they are both so nice ( Gina & Lynnsue ) , but they are much more positive about it then me. I have 2 kids and they were both c-sections and for my daughter the doc, was very scared because I started to bleed a lot and I was hearing every thing, my blood presure went down and the Doc told the nurse to put me to sleep, I got scared and I heard when the doc said : we better hurry before we lose her.... trust me I'm scared ! every one tells me is different because I was pregnant then, but I'm still gona be awake this time again, since I'm an asthmatic and the doc doesn't wanna take any chances, he promised me to have a nurse by my side at all time, I want a walkman with loud music....lol... the surgery has been cancelled 3 times already and sometimes wonder if God is telling me not to do it. in front of my fam and friends I pretend to be okay. I have chronic pain, I've had my period for even two months and I also have endometriosis. I've had lupron and so many other things, nothing works, my work and sex life is terrible, but luckly I have a great husband. I pray to God that we all be fine after all this. Thank you Anne and every one else. xoxoxoxo
Lisy (32 years old)
Puerto Rico
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-18-2002, 06:23 AM

Hi and welcome to Hyster Sisters!

It's okay to be scared, we all are scared when we face surgery! I'm sorry you heard the doctor say that...I know I think I hear things when I'm in the OR as well.

I had constant bleeding and pain, I'm almost at the 3 month post-op point and I can tell you that it was totally worth it! I felt wonderful from day 1 of post-op.

Have you read the pull-down menus on the main page yet? www.hystersisters.com There is a lot of information on this site and those menus helped me answer questions and gather questions for me to ask my doctor.

Did you know we have a chat room? Please follow this link to learn more about chatting! https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/ann...?s=&forumid=23

Sara
Unread 05-18-2002, 09:04 AM
Hi Lisy

Here is another welcome for you.
I am sorry you have been in so much pain. That is just no way to go through life. As Sara said life is so much better on the other side.
Although I was 50 when I had the surgery I now feel 25 again!
You will be able to enjoy your life and your family so much more again when you are through this. They will appreciate it too.
You are going to get through this and do just fine.
Keep reading and posting. We are here for you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-18-2002, 03:18 PM

More hugs, for you, Lisy!!

As Sara said, it's normal to be scared, and don't feel bad that you may be more scared than someone else - we are all different - react and recover differently. And many of us are postitive on the outside, but feel like scared little kids on the inside! And that's ok. It's kind of what you're doing with your family and friends.

I am also asthmatic. I had a spinal for my hyst and liked it! You might ask the anesthesiologist about something that they can put in your iv that will make you forget what happens in the O.R. I was apparently awake for most of my surgery and talking to the anesthesiologist, but I have no memory of it. Perhaps, if they could do that, it would be easier for you, given what you heard during your c-section - that would have terrified me. The walkman sounds like a great option, too! Don't know if you are kidding about it, but some women have been allowed to bring them in to surgery.

For many of us, the worrying and waiting was the worst part of all this.

Cheers,
Unread 05-18-2002, 03:46 PM
Hi Lisy and welcome

I am asthmatic too and I went for general. I had a bad experience in a surgery I had long ago and so I was very scared to have general surgery again. But I couldn't take the talking in the surgery or the long wait so I wanted to go to sleep and wake up a few seconds later and it be over. My anthestiologist knew about my asthma and she assured me that she would not let any thing happen. Well came through great I had a little trouble waking up because I didn't want to breathe but she stayed with me and I had oxygen for a couple days so I did great. Now I would have went with the spinal but for the long time I would have to be in there, long was any thing over 10 minutes . I think the walkman is a great idea but an even better one is the shot that sort of makes you not care. God Bless and you will be fine I can tell

Unread 05-18-2002, 03:59 PM
thank you

I really want to thank u guys I am feeling better, honestly ! this is working for me... I will ask the doc if I can bring my walk man or for them to give me something to rest, maybe this time woun't be so bad. You girls are so nice God bless you all. Today I was supposed to take my daughter to a day camp from her school, and I didn't because I have a lot of pain, so instead I went to my mom's and over there it started to rain, I ran out side to close my cars windows and instead I fell on my back, scraped my arm and on my behind I'm all bruised up, it really hurts now...lol..my luck... thank you girls... lots of hugs, ouch! not to hard it hurts... lol...

Quote:
Originally posted by uh Lisa Alisa
More hugs, for you, Lisy!!

As Sara said, it's normal to be scared, and don't feel bad that you may be more scared than someone else - we are all different - react and recover differently. And many of us are postitive on the outside, but feel like scared little kids on the inside! And that's ok. It's kind of what you're doing with your family and friends.

I am also asthmatic. I had a spinal for my hyst and liked it! You might ask the anesthesiologist about something that they can put in your iv that will make you forget what happens in the O.R. I was apparently awake for most of my surgery and talking to the anesthesiologist, but I have no memory of it. Perhaps, if they could do that, it would be easier for you, given what you heard during your c-section - that would have terrified me. The walkman sounds like a great option, too! Don't know if you are kidding about it, but some women have been allowed to bring them in to surgery.

For many of us, the worrying and waiting was the worst part of all this.

Cheers,
Unread 05-18-2002, 04:30 PM

Hi Lisy

As hard as it is try to keep a positive attitude! I know it's even harder when you had a bad experience before.

and one more cause I think you need it
Unread 05-18-2002, 06:24 PM

Hi Lisy,

Welcome!! I am so sorry to hear that you are so scared. I too had a c-section with my twins and was awake during the whole thing. There were complications with the delivery also. I believe this is altogether different though. I am sure you will be fine. You should discuss all of these concerns with your DR. Have you met with your anesthesioligist yet? They will explain exactly what they are going to do. In my case, I have problems with anxiety and panic attacks. They were very good and offered something extra to help calm before going into surgery.
I didn't sleep well at all for a couple of weeks before my surgery. But for some strange reason I slept fine the night before and was very calm that morning when I went in. I know you have heard this from others, but you will feel so much better when it is all over. Just be sure to get plenty of rest when you get home and let others take care of you!!

Good luck!

Lucy

Unread 05-18-2002, 08:13 PM

Hey lisy I'm so sorry you had to go through all that. I may sound like the surgery isn't bothering me now but I'm sure it will hit me Tuesday. You are a very dear friend. I just pray every night that God will guide my doctors hands and that him and my guaridian angel will keep my close by her side during surgery and protect me. I'm also sorry that you fell today, sounds like it really hurts. I hope you start feeling better and the soreness isn't to bad tomorrow. Just think positive. And if you ever need to talk just e-mail me.
Hugs,
Gina
Unread 05-18-2002, 08:46 PM

Lisy
I too am new to this site - just tonight as a matter of fact! What a blessing it has been since I have been viewing but not participating for a week now. I will have a complete abd hys with endometreosis scraping (or whatever they do) - on may 21. My doctor gave me klonopan(sp?) to help my anxiety. Is that an option for you? I can't imagine surgery being put off 3 times - maybe God isn't sending you a message - maybe Satan is just pure trying to torment you!!! I don't know your beliefs and I won't be pushy but there are wonderful Christian tapes/cds you could listen to. There is even a tape that is simply healing scritures being read . I am also concerned as I tend to get nauseated and cannot urinate quickly afterwards. However, I am trying to pray about it and then not let my mind go there!! I will say a prayer for you. Let's stay up, positive and keep good thoughts together!!!!!We are blessed. Psalms 91 is agreat chapter to read.- Rocket

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register