HRT and stress | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > No Uterus - No Ovaries - Yes HRT - Surgical Menopause

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

HRT and stress HRT and stress

Unread 05-26-2004, 12:25 PM
HRT and stress

Hello Sisters. I haven't posted for awhile but felt the need to today. I am about 9 months post op and for the most part I am doing well. I ride my horse a couple of times a week, garden my 2 acres and do all sorts of farm chores that I truly enjoy.
Here is my observation: Excessive stress is undermining my hormones! Anyone else?
I am at that stage in my life where the stress is unavoidable. My father is very ill. My kids are having trouble finding jobs, family drama is the norm etc etc. I am not depressed but just weary of the incredible stress load. Does any one else understand what I mean?
I love the vivelle dot and use 2 patches of.1 every three days. For the most part it works for me but I notice that at day 2 if the stress levels are up I start feeling like the patches are all used up!
I am encouraged that my health is getting better but I am wondering if all of this seems normal.
Thanks Sisters!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-26-2004, 01:43 PM
HRT and stress

Hi gardengal Yes it is very normal! Stress increases the rate at which we use estrogen, so it can definitely make you feel like your patch is not working anymore. When I'm feeling really stressed out sometimes I'll put a dab of my vaginal estriol cream on my forearm... it seems to help fill in the gaps temporarily.

Hope this helps!
s,
-Linda
Unread 05-26-2004, 06:10 PM
HRT and stress

Hi gardengal

I'm on Vivelle Dot too, and I have also noticed when my stress levels are up, it seems that I "burn" through my patch more quickly. During those times, I've taken to changing my patch a day earlier, with my doctor's blessings.....

I also try to be mindful (especially during stressful times) to take a bit of time out each day just to refocus and get back in touch with ME. Warm bath with candles, meditation, nice music. On days when I don't have "time" to do this---I try to at least sit down in my favorite chair for 5 minutes, close my eyes, and deep breathe. It does help!

Sending 's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-26-2004, 06:54 PM
HRT and stress

Thanks Shelley2 and Surferbabe!
I appreciate your responses and your great support! Knowing that I can come here and get comfort makes my day! Thanks!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register