Birthday Contest August 2010 - What do you love about HysterSisters? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Community - HysterSisters > Monthly Poll (and occasional Contest!)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Closed Thread

Birthday Contest August 2010 - What do you love about HysterSisters? Birthday Contest August 2010 - What do you love about HysterSisters?

Unread 08-02-2010, 06:02 AM
Re: Birthday Contest August 2010 - What do you love about HysterSisters?

what I love about hystersisters is the support

I had a long struggle after my full hysterectomy at age 35 and I couldn't have gotten through it with out this site and my family. On all of those sleepless nights I could come here and know I was not alone. It was amazing.

As I approach my first hysterversary I was able to check in and see what I needed to think about when I visit my doc for a check up.

I can't begin to describe how much support this site has given me

Thank you and Happy Birthday!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-02-2010, 06:05 AM

Happy Birthday! I was so blessed to find this site. It was such a huge source of information. It was like talking to a group of friends who were or have gone through what you were going through. Very supportive and I have recommended it to all my friends!
Unread 08-02-2010, 06:08 AM

Happy Birthday HysterSisters!!

Thanks for being there for my recovery!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-02-2010, 06:31 AM

Happy Birthday Hystersisters! I'm so glad this site is here. It brought lots of comfort to me when I was going thru my hysterectomy and now with bladder issues. It's SO nice to have a place you can come and talk about such personal issues and not feel embarassed. Thank you so much for that....many more!!!!!!
Unread 08-02-2010, 06:37 AM

Happy Birthday Hystersisters! I'm coming up on my 3rd hysterversary on the 23rd of this month. I found this site a few weeks before my surgery and I was able to tell my doctor about the site. Imagine my surprise when this year when I went for my regular ps, and I was whining about hot flashes, my doctor told me about you! That's what I love about Hystersisters - you are there for those of us going thru, and for the doctors treating us.
Unread 08-02-2010, 06:38 AM

I love HysterSisters because:

1) It's an all female club - we are all 'sisters'! I also belong to a breast cancer support group, and guess what? There are many male members there, including the webmaster whose wife was the founder of the support group. There are several spouses who frequent the website. A couple of male breast cancer survivors are also present. I enjoy the diversity there, but it's just not the same. When I come to the HysterSister site. We can talk about everything here. Our 'sisters' understand...

2) It's an information hub - everything I need to know about 'hysterectomy' I learned from 'HysterSisters'. I first learned about this Website from one of my breast cancer support group members. The information I found here was incredible. And I received my free booklet very soon after I had requested it - way before my scheduled surgery time. The information gave me power, and the stories shared here gave me support. Of the five major surgeries I've been through in my life, hysterectomy was the one I felt least lonely because I had all the sisters here during my pre-op, post-op, and even now when I'm all done I can still get on the Board and help others.

3) It has a strong leadership - Having taught school for a couple of years myself, I can tell the meticulous planning and organization of an experienced teacher from the webmaster. It's not easy to have over several hundreds of women 'talking' to each other in a harmonious way simultaneously. The welcome from Kathy sets a good tone for us to communicate courteously and warmly with a sense of humor. It made me proud to be a woman.

4) The members are great - everyone I have encountered here has been just wonderful. I think the structure of the website allows everyone to communicate freely because every subject is clearly marked. True freedom comes from knowing one's boundary...

Just so proud to be a woman!

Happy birthday, HysterSisters!
Unread 08-02-2010, 06:53 AM

I just had my surgery this past March and I found HysterSister to be so wonderful and infomative especially after the surgery because I wasnt sure what to expect. THANKS!
Unread 08-02-2010, 06:53 AM

Happy Birthday! This website has helped me so much I think in the almost 1 year of me joining I have only posted once before this, but I have come here to read and read on other posts to gain advice, to gain insight and to learn that what I am going through is normal comaparitivly speaking. This website is awesome I have told so many people to come here for advice and help! Thank YOU!!!!!<3
Unread 08-02-2010, 07:13 AM

I love that Hyster Sisters was here when I was having my hysterectomy and also here this year when my 90 yr old nieghbor was getting ready to have her complete hysterectomy. Both of us were unsure and scared before surgery, this website and the emails checking up on us after surgery really made a difference. It is a good thing when there is someone that cares enough to be reassuring that you will get through this. Thank you Hyster Sisters, Happy Birthday may you be around for many years!
Unread 08-02-2010, 07:16 AM

I lover hearing similiar stories from women who are going through the same things I am! I love the friendships I have made through HysterSisters. Keep the good things happening!
Closed Thread

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register