LSH Horrible cramps : ( ... Is like I had my uterus back. - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Horrible cramps : ( ... Is like I had my uterus back. Horrible cramps : ( ... Is like I had my uterus back.

Unread 10-04-2011, 12:03 AM
Re: Horrible cramps : ( ... Is like I had my uterus back.

Hi-just wanted to say Im thinking of you- hope you are able to get some help from the DR.
Merr
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-04-2011, 07:39 AM

Good morning to all, merr n jaided Ty for ur replies.... I honestly am crying right now... I understand recovery is a long process and I need to be patient. But that's just the thing, being patient is fine with me but having un expected pains and not knowing why I have them is very frustrating. I am a single mom with two lil kids and I have been practically limited ever since I had them... The though of just thinking I'll be more limited now then before terrifies me. I am only 28 .... N want to show my kids that being active in some sort sports is healthy.... But how can I if all I can do Is lay around in bed with 2 quilts complaining of pain........ Anyways sorry.... Umm but if I knew for sure y I am in pain I would be more at ease n just focus on how to make things better according to my diagnosis.
Unread 10-04-2011, 11:39 AM

"The though of just thinking I'll be more limited now then before terrifies me. I am only 28 "
I dont have any children, but I do understand this sentiment. I have been feeling the same way. I have been half a person for a long time, not able to do fun things, alway laying in bed attatched to my heating pad. I am terrified that I wont bounce back from this for whatever reason. I hope the docs are able to help you-
Merr
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-04-2011, 12:03 PM

Thank you Merr i sure hope for you too, that things will only turn for the better. Its very emotionally draining to have to live life this way. I dont wanna say i am glad i am not alone in this ... but i dont wish this on no one. Who knows, my symptoms and pains might not even be from my surgery ... but over all i know we both wanna feel good enough to atleast be able to say i was able to do something for a change. I have you in my prayers Merr
Unread 10-05-2011, 05:57 PM

Lally,
When are you seeing the surgeon?? You haven't seen him yet correct? Do you have a PCP who can help you? It may take time to heal and I am a testament to that but being in agony is not ok. If the meds aren't helping and it sounds like they aren't then get in to see a doctor and get something. I have Insterstial Cystitiis and it can be horrible. It looks like a UTI but you have no infection.
This is ridiculous and unfortunately you are going to have to be a pain in their rear. Seriously call them and demand to see the doc. If you can't get the surgeon, see your PCP or go back to ER or urgent care if that is available. I totally understand what is happening right now. I have lived it and have learned to be more involved with my care. Not being nasty but being polite and courteous but also demanding. I hope this helps. Hopefully you will feel better. Sending tons of hugs
Unread 10-05-2011, 07:52 PM

Hey there Zenya, i have not contacted my surgeon because i been trying to see if the antibiotics made any difference in how i feel. But tomorrow i need to call her cuz i been sucking up this pain. I would have to look up cystitis cuz am not sure what thats all about. I was told one time that i might of had endometriosis or adenomyosis before surgery by a gyn Dr but was never confirm. and my surgeon actually never told me if see found something in there when she operated. I was also asks last week if i had PID? and i never been told that. I so wish it was just a UTI but it sure doesnt seem like it. I am afraid is something worse and might need a new surgery. Something ill be force not to get because how my situation at home. Thank you for writting back means alot to know you actually checking back on me.
Unread 10-05-2011, 08:02 PM

How are you feeling today? I get very discouraged when I try to do too much and end up tired and crampy. I have learned that I have to pace myself with what I do then be certain to have some down time. I have not hesitated to call my dr though and make sure that what I am feeling is normal. My dr said that spotting is ok as long as it is not bright red blood but to take motrin and rest when I have spotting ad cramping. I had to laugh at your quote as one day I was yelling to my husband "The dr must have forgotten to take my uterus, I still have cramps" LOl
Unread 10-05-2011, 08:27 PM

lol Ebeth lmao lol you just made me laugh at myself and at what you said about the uterus thing lol. Ty, i normall been bothering her every week in the pass 3 weeks when i call tomorrow. I was able to go from week 2-5 without any calls or visits ... but everything went kinda down hill from their. trust me everyone in the clinic knows my social security number by now lol. If i have to inform her i dont hesitate! ill call her personal secretary, she knows my family right about now.
Unread 10-05-2011, 08:30 PM

:-) :-)
Unread 10-05-2011, 09:21 PM

I had my LVATH back at the end of July and have been thinking I was losing my mind with the cramps too! Sucks that so many of us are STILL dealing with pain like this. I almost wonder if it is like when someone loses a limb and swears that they can still feel it. It is so frustrating and I totally understand adding young kid(s) into it to make it that much more frustrating. Hang in there sweetheart, my thoughts and prayers are with you.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register