Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Jan 30-Feb 05,2012 - Page 188 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Jan 30-Feb 05,2012 Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Jan 30-Feb 05,2012

Unread 03-16-2012, 12:21 PM
Re: Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Jan 30-Feb 05,2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjcors View Post
Hey everyone!!

I was just looking at the other post op date forums and realized that we are the MOST active forum in here!!!

We have had our ups and our downs but have hung on to one another and made wonderful friends who are in the same boat as ourselves.

I, for one, am darn proud to call you all my sisters!!

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!

YOU ARE ALL MY ROCKS!
I noticed that this morning. I am so thankful for this group and have made some wonderful friends. I am proud to call you my sisters, too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-16-2012, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by myricalone View Post
Hello Sisters!

Yesterday was my six weeks anniversary! My initial surgery date was on 2-02-12, and all went well, except for the fact that I learned that Morphine was not my friend. But overall, the last six weeks have been basically pain free to the point that I did not get my pain meds filled at all. I thank God for taking such good care of me!

Although I did keep my ovaries, I have experienced night sweats on two separate occasions. Pulling off my sleep shirt remedied that problem real quick. At my 2 weeks checkup, my doctor cleared me to start walking again, and when I did, it gave me a sense of peace, and calm within my body. My activity level today, is back to normal, but I still tend to take it easy, and not push myself on anything.

I enjoy the support and feedback that is shared on Hyster Sister's, so ladies keep up the good work, and let's keep encouraging each other! Well, that's all for now, and have a great weekend!
That's great! I've had a relatively easy recovery, too.

I experienced my first hot flash during the night last night and hope I never get one again. I got up and sat outside on the deck in the freezing cold with a bag of frozen peas on the back of my neck. I thought I was going to implode!
Unread 03-16-2012, 12:29 PM

oh yes we are a feisty bunch!

I just read through 10 or more pages just to catch up on everyone's news!

As of yesterday, I'm at 6 weeks. I almost feel like myself again!

My return to work at 5 1/2 weeks was good, but pretty tough, but I resume a more reasonable schedule now.

I don't have a 6 week post op appointment.

I had a 4 week post op appointment instead and was released from having to go back for more checkups.

I don't know if that is usual for my surgeon or not. I have no health coverage, so maybe that is the standard for us folks who don't have a very large income and pay our own way.

Actually, I am just paying for the cost of the surgery itself. I am on an affordable monthly payment plan.

The rest of my medical bills are covered by an amazing program where I live for folks in my situation (no health insurance, low-income, don't qualify for medicare or medicaid).

This program covers some or all of your medical bills including hospitalization. In essence, the doctors and other medical professionals participating in the program DONATE their services for free. With health care in the state that it is these days, this program is amazing and these doctors and medical professionals are super RAD!!!

Our local hospital is super RAD too. During my hospital stay, I received a reflexology treatment for free as a part of our hospital's integrative medicine program. My second day in the hospital I also got to snuggle with a King Charles Spaniel as a part of the Paws on a Mission program that is also a part of the integrative medicine program.

wow. I feel so grateful!

Anyway, at my 4 week appointment, my surgeon said no sexual intercourse until 6 weeks, but I am with the other sisters who said they are too scared to have sex! Of course, I don't have a partner so I guess it is a moot point anyway!

love to you all,

Miel
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-16-2012, 02:01 PM

Had a follow up with my dr again today. My incision is on the way to healing. I have to go back next week. Not going back to work for at least 2weeks. He said that he won't do an internal until my yearly visit shush isn't until June!?! But I'm free to have relations. Well we did have our first go at it this afternoon. Dh was very careful and I actually had an O!!! Dh didn't finish because he was afraid of hurting me. My question is this...is it ok for dh to finish in me? Anyway so relieved that all went well. I feel like I'm not as broken or as less of a woman as I had been feeling.
Unread 03-16-2012, 02:02 PM

Miel,

I am glad that you are able to work out payments with the hospital for your surgery. I am sorry that you have to pay out of pocket for this! I live in Canada and fortunately we are covered for surgery that is recommended by the physicians. I don't know about cosmetic, I would assume that is elective and you would have to pay for it out of pocket....

Here is hoping you continue on your positive road of recovery!!
Unread 03-16-2012, 02:19 PM

Insurance in the US is messed up. I have good insurance, but they are not sure my doctor filed all the paperwork requests so they are investigating it. My hospital bill was $41,000 + and I haven't gotten all the bill yet. Hope they cover it, because I don't have that kind of cash. Miel, it must be so hard not having insurance. hope it all works out!
Unread 03-16-2012, 03:40 PM

k, so on a lighter note for everyone! I went onto ebay and ordered a sexy maids uniform to where for when I get my clearance from the doc!! hehehehe Hubby has NO idea!!!!! He's gonna LOVE IT!!!!
Unread 03-16-2012, 03:58 PM

Way to go Kelly!!! Your hubby will love it and it will make you feel great too. We are still beautiful women!
Unread 03-16-2012, 07:27 PM

Gone camping ....... Ok so I had the green light from the dr. and to answer your question..I asked if DH had to wear a condom and he said no and that he could "finish" in there. He has and I am fine. Okay so I finally used the letters DH but sisters I have NO idea what it means?? LOL I was just saying hubby before.

So my surgery update is I am still hurting quite a bit and very very tired. I think being hospitalized two times after surgery and complications may have something to do with that. A great thing is I am moving around better and a bit faster! Thats a good feeling
Unread 03-16-2012, 09:04 PM

Hey Girls-
Just when I was feeling so good, we had some excitement at the house. We hit a gas line in the yard and had a major gas leak. Had to wait down the street with neighbors for a couple of hours during the repairs which seemed to take forever. Then when the neighbors were cleared to return home, we had to air out the house because of the gas smell. I guess all the standing and sitting on the curb was too much because I am in pain! I cannot get comfortable tonight. But I am so thankful that nobody was hurt. DH has to finish the work tomorrow, so I will be very nervous hoping that the gas company marked the line CORRECTLY this time. Have a good and safe weekend girls

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register