Not feeling well all of a sudden | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Not feeling well all of a sudden Not feeling well all of a sudden

Unread 06-22-2005, 11:10 AM
Not feeling well all of a sudden

I did put in a call to my doctor. The nurse just called and is consulting my GYN. I also tried to call my MD but she is on vacation all week. *sigh* Since sunday I have run low grade fevers with chills. I feel like crap all of a sudden. I have a strange feeling in my vagina too. It doesn't burn when I urinate and I am going plenty. My stomach is all of a sudden tender. Anyone have any ideas? I also went for my 3 month bloodwork for my anemia yesterday. I haven't gotten those results yet but wonder if I am just still really anemic or do I have an infection going on? I was doing so well too!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-22-2005, 12:06 PM

Hi Melissa,

I'm so sorry you're not feeling well. I didn't experience this so can't relate that way, but wanted to send some hugs. You were right to call the dr right away. I hope it is something simple and you will feel better soon. Please let us know what you find out.

's, Rita
Unread 06-22-2005, 12:19 PM

GRRRR I am SO angry at my gyn office. She said oh it sounds like the flu and not related to the surgery and to call my MD. Well, my MD is on vacation and their office said to call my gyn since they are the ones that did the surgery. I KNOW that I do not have the flu. You don't get discomfort in your vagina or tenderness in your belly from the flu. I am not vomiting or nautious. So, I may have to sit in the ER for hours now. I am very discouraged.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-22-2005, 12:49 PM

Jersey,
Please let us know how you're doing. If you have to go to the ER to be heard, as much as that *****, go for it! You know your own body and you know if something doesn't feel right. Please let us know how you're doing!
Hugs, Christina
Unread 06-22-2005, 12:58 PM

Thank you everyone. I finally got an appt. with one of the other doctors at my regular MD's office. It is a little strange because he is my daughters friends father. yikes. Oh well he is a doctor and I want to feel better. I will be sure to post when I get home.
Unread 06-22-2005, 02:43 PM

That is ridiculous your OB/GYN office should have seen you! I had to call my dr's office on a weekend, 1 1/2 weeks post op due to fever, cramping and feeling fatiqued after feeling well. My dr. was out of the country, so the on call dr. said it sounds like the stomach bug. Another dr. told me antibiotic associated cloitis. End up at ER on Monday and they did a cat scan, said feeling good and then not with a fever and cramping calls for blood work and other test, when one just had surgery! I had blood work and CT (cat scan). Sure enough I had a post op abscess (infection) and had to be put back on IV antibiotics for 3 days and a weeks course of antibiotics and anti-infective. You could just have a bladder infection, but your dr.'s office should be taking you more serious and ordering test to be on the safe side. Good luck to you and I hope you start feeling better. You gals know your bodies better than your doctor.....I am glad you are seeing another Dr. to get some answers.
Unread 06-23-2005, 09:34 AM

Well, I am back home with at least some answers. I spent several hours in my MD's office yesterday. He did more blood work and ordered a cat scan. He also did a slide culture in his office which showed many white blood cells and sent one slide with me to drop off at the hospital. He said (sorry for the ) that there was a lot of yellow pus around the cuff. He felt that I had an abscess but I don't think it showed up on the CT scan. I am waiting the results of my culture and blood work. In the meantime I am on some strong antibiotic and may need to add one to it to get rid of this infection. I still feel horrible but at least I got some answers.
Unread 06-23-2005, 10:14 AM
Glad you got some answers!

Jersey,
Oh hon, I'm so sorry, but I'm also so glad that you got some answers and that they took you seriously enough to do some testing. I was worried about you. And, see, you did know something was wrong! It's SO important to listen to your body--I know I preach that alot, but it's so true! No one else is going to take care of yourself except you--so you've got to do it!
I'm just sending you hugs and get well wishes, and please check in with us to let us know that you're getting better!
Take care,
ChristinaLeigh
Unread 06-23-2005, 08:32 PM

Ugh my MD never called me to give me the results of all my tests. I called the office and had the oncall doc call me back. His only suggestion was to go back to the ER for another exam and possible CT scan and have IV antibiotics. Well, hubby is working a double so I had no way to the hospital or anyone to watch my kids. So, I called the GYN and the oncall doc again called me back. She got in touch with my regular GYN who wants me to be at the office first thing in the morning. Until then she called me out some Lortabs so that I can at least sleep through the night. I feel so much better after taking the pain meds.
Anyway she thinks that I may have torn something inside that is trying to heal. I told her about taking my dog out and she said that would all make sense with how I am feeling. So, hopefully I will have some answers tomorrow. Oh she also said tha the Levaquin was a great antibiotic for any type of infection that I have but it can take up to 48 hours for any relief. Thank God for the pain meds is all I can say.
Unread 06-24-2005, 10:13 AM

Well, I am back from the doctor's yet again. She is still waiting for the cultures to come in but wants me to stay on the Levaquin. She is pretty sure that I tore or pulled something inside that needs healing. She wasn't too concerned but said that there is a "dog ear" on one of the corners of my cuff that is tender and teh pus is still there. She tested my urine again and said that there was blood in my urine but wasn't concerned at all. I don't quite understand that because I haven't bled since the evening of the surgery. And your urine doesn't come from the cuff.
My hemoglobin and hematacrit are both low so an iron study was ordered again which came back extremely low yet again. My ferritin was low and my iron is a 9 (normal being 37-170 ug/dl)
Well, I am to stay on the pain meds for one week while taking it easy. I have another appointment next friday.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register