Staples Are Out ! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Staples Are Out ! Staples Are Out !

Unread 07-07-2006, 07:16 PM
Staples Are Out !

DR removed staples today. Replaced them with steri strips that will fall off in 1 week. DR also packed top part of incision as it is not closed. I must do this once a day. Prescribed a sleeping pill (no more Percocet at night). Told me to hold off driving for another week; wants to be sure I can work the vehicle. Need to come back in 3 weeks. Showed me pathology report: uterus was 558 grams!

Felt a little blue. Cannot drive so DH has been doing all of it. He arrived at a meeting late today because I was seen at noon even though I had a 10:15 DR appt! I look forward to my life getting back to normal but it is almost as if I never had a job outside the home! Why is this happening after just 10 days at home? Will try to scrapbook this weekend. That has always been stress reliever for me. Hope it works.

This waiting it torture.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-07-2006, 07:42 PM
Staples Are Out !

Congrats on having staples out. That is a milestone. It's hard sitting around and being dependent on other people. I'm a single Mom and it's proven to be a quite a challenge especially because I'm so independent and usually constantly on the go. I think God has gotten my attention to just sit in the moment and enjoy it. Just remember you are the princess and need to be pampered right now. You deserve to heal right even it your sanity takes a hit for a few months Hang in there, it'll get better!!!
Unread 07-07-2006, 08:24 PM
Staples Are Out !

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraArtist
DR removed staples today. Replaced them with steri strips that will fall off in 1 week.
Hi,

I too had my staples (9) removed today. It was fairly painless, I expected it to at least pinch. They really weren't a bother to begin with. My Doc did such a neat, clean job. Bikini incision. My pathology biopsy came back negative, so that was a relief. Basically I had staples removed, asked about my Premarin. I thought it was already working, Doc said it takes a few weeks to work. Here I thought I wasn't having any menopause symptoms due to starting the Premarin on Wednesday. TAH-BSO was Monday. I guess I am doing better than I thought. So at least when and IF it does decide to hit me (the meno symptoms) the Premarin will be in me and I'll be protected, on guard so to speak. We talked about the belly pain which can be horrendous especially upon waking from sleep at night or a nap in the day. I get this all consuming urge to just close my eyes and sleep. I rater like it. It's like when I was a kid, just fall over, hit the pillow and out for the count. I haven't slept that way in what feels like an eternity. I know there's alot of healing go on inside and my body is busy, so I guess that explains it. I fall into such a deep sleep, but when I wake up, yikes I am PAIN in my belly. I then walk around a bit and it eases up. I also take my pain meds so in an hour I am feeling somewhat better, or it's more tolerable anyway. My appetite isn't that great. I am parched and drink fluids all day long. I am definately sustained on ice tea and water.
So back to your post, My next visit is 2-3 weeks from now and I figured I'd start a list of all my questions for my appointment. This way I won't forget. Stuck it right here by my computer.
I'm feeling lots of gas bubbles and never thought I'd be so happy to FART! I feel like I deserve a certificate for great accomplishmnet (like in nursey school). My bowels are sluggish so I am sticking to prunes and dates, good thing I like them.
It is going to take it's time to get better, there's no way to rush it and if you do your body is going to let you know. Pray for patience daily. Keep small goals.
You'll be back to old self soon enough. Another reason you don't want to push yourself so hard is that you will have graeted chances of creating scar tissue and that can turn nasty leter in life. So back track now and just tough it out. You don't need surgery down the line because of excess scar tissue that formed becasue you didn't rest and heal slowly. I've had 3 surgeires in my lifetime just to remove scar tissue from previous ectopic surgeries and a laparoscopy. The tissue was webbing and attaching to my intestines and that my dear can wreak havoc. Keep you movements slow and easy, walking is best too. Before you know it, you'll be looking back on all this and you'll see it raelly didn't take so so long to get back to semi normal.
Anyway, I hope we all continue to improve.
Keep sharing! Have a nice weekend!
Liz

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register