Is it me????? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Is it me????? Is it me?????

Unread 01-04-2007, 07:54 AM
Is it me?????

Hello dear friends.....I am still having gas, bloating(My DH called it 'jelly belly' and I had to correct him. I said it's called 'swelly belly'!!lol), fatique, and some pain. I am still on the narcotic pain patch and the pain that I'm having isn't unbearable. It feels like cramps or gas pains....I don't know how to explain it. I was feeling so great that I was doing things that I shoud'nt even have been during weeks 3-4. (Yes, I peeked). I was in so much agony BEFORE my surgery and felt like such a lazy you know what that I want to do so much now. I was pretty much couch ridden before my surgery due to the pain and bloating. I don't want my DH or DD's to think that I'm being a big baby! I see my DR for my almost 2 week check up. I had to see him last week due to the fact that Chistmas night(The day that I came home) I was running a fever of 104. I was givin fluids and antibiotics via IV, but was told to follow up asap with my DR. He said everything looked fine and did'nt have an answer for the fever. I guess what I am trying to get at is....Should I still fell like a yo-yo healthwise? It surely didn't help to run into a friend who also had a TAH/BSO and she told me that she felt SUPER GREAT immediately. No pain....NOTHING! She said that she was rarin to go right away and hasn't looked back. I know this is mean, but I wanted to smack her! lol! Oh well, enough of 'woe is me'. I just want to know if I'm being normal. DOUBLE LOL!!! Love and hugs!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-04-2007, 08:09 AM
Is it me?????

You are very early in your recovery yet. You will have good days and bad days. It is very important that you rest often and follow the dr's restrictions.
Two things that are repeated here a lot: Take the healing process ONE DAY AT A TIME
and
You only get ONE CHANCE TO HEAL
Unread 01-04-2007, 02:59 PM
Is it me?????

Hysterregal... I had good days and bad days...I still do. cut your self some slack. Sorry you are sitll in pain- I am lucky I am down to a couple of motrin in the later afternoon esp after a busy day. Please take it easy... rest often.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-04-2007, 03:08 PM
Is it me?????

I had my TAH on 12/18 and it took two full weeks before I started feeling better. I am down to motrin now and feel better every day. I have noticed if I do too much one day I take a big step back instead of forward. Hang in there!
Unread 01-04-2007, 03:16 PM
Is it me?????

I agree with the others cut yourself a break girl! I am one week and one day from my surgery. I thought I was being a lazy girl by staying in bed and not moving around my house and doing this and that (I am normally a hyper person and can not even sit thru a movie). I was stayed up on Monday and Tuesday about 1-1/2 each day in a row which is way to much!!! My dr called on Tuesday afternoon and explained to me that I was not a lazy girl and I should get up to go to the bathroom get drink/eat walk about 3=5 minutes and go back to bed. I KNOW IT IS HARD! Well I paid for it this morning as I could hardly get out of bed, so I stayed a little longer and got up to take a shower. Almost did not make it, I had to lean against the wall of the shower just to finsih. Take my advise and rest, listen to your dr and your body
Unread 01-04-2007, 03:28 PM
Is it me?????

Give yourself a break girl! I'm now 2 months post-op and I STILL have good and bad days! Thankfully most are good now but I know when I over-do. I, too, tried to speed my recovery and tore a ligament which I have now been able to heal with rest. There will be days when you feel like doing a little more around the house and by all means do. It makes you feel better psychologically to contribute. I had a hard time lying around thinking of all the housework I should be doing. Fold a load of clothes, cook a small meal, but try not to do too much too soon. Your body will let you know. I still have not gotten all my energy back but I know it's coming and I can't wait! Not having to go thru the pain all the time has been well worth it!! Good luck and God bless!
GA Peaches
Complete TAH 11/06/06

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register