Not Scheduled Finally seeing surgeon tomorrow - 7cm Fibroid | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Finally seeing surgeon tomorrow - 7cm Fibroid Finally seeing surgeon tomorrow - 7cm Fibroid

Unread 10-28-2009, 06:21 PM
Finally seeing surgeon tomorrow - 7cm Fibroid

Hi - and just posted on the wrong page...

I have a 7.7cm fibroid in my uterus that is causing me discomfort. I went to the doctor over a year ago because of the pressure I was feeling in my abdomen along with incontinence. An ultrasound showed the fibroid and I've just had a follow up ultrasound after one year and it hasn't changed.

Has anyone else had their uterus removed due a fibroid of this size along with similar complications (of maybe none at all)? Is this considered a large tumor?

I now get pressure just from eating a meal. I have an appointment with a gyno tomorrow and I'm sure I'll tell her to take this darned thing out.

I can't wait to hear from anyone and so happy to have found this web site.

Thanks for listening.
Chrisrose
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-28-2009, 06:24 PM
Re: Finally seeing surgeon tomorrow - 7cm Fibroid

I also had a 7cm fibroid had a TVH , saw a show on oprah with dr.oz and he said eating certain foods could reduce the size of the fibroid. I think one of them was dried seaweed. check it out first before having the hyster, wish I had
Unread 10-28-2009, 07:35 PM

Mine is about that same size....pressure from eating, constipated often from having it in the way of everything, rectal pain, etc.

I've had pelvic pain for about 2 years and will have a TVH (keeping ovaries) on 11/13. I know there are foods that can reduce it but I voted to having the hyst rather than be in pain any longer.

good luck in your decision.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-28-2009, 07:48 PM

Hi Chrisrose, and welcome to a great community!

With only one fibroid, it might be worth it to check with your doctor to see if you would be a good candidate for a myomectomy: in 1999, I had a dozen removed, 3 of which were 12 cm. I was 34 then, and not ready for a hysterectomy. I don't regret doing it, even if in the end, I got the hysterectomy anyways because tiny ones left behind grew too much. This time, I was ready, and I'm sure it contributed to the fairly smooth recovery I'm experiencing so far. That, and a bit of luck...

Whatever you decide, good luck!
Unread 10-29-2009, 12:50 PM

Hi Chrisrose,

I had a laparoscopic hyst (LSH) for my two fibroids that measured 9 cm total at the time of my hyst.

Possibly you are a candidate for a less invasive hyst such as a TVH, a LAVH, a LSH or the newer DaVinci Robotic. I might suggest you go to the *Hysterectomy Checkpoints* link at the top of the web site..click on that..and go to the *Pre-op* link. It goes over questions to ask the Dr. when contemplating a hyst and it also covers the different types of hysts.

Best wishes~

Mary
Unread 11-02-2009, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisrose View Post
Hi - and just posted on the wrong page...

I have a 7.7cm fibroid in my uterus that is causing me discomfort. I went to the doctor over a year ago because of the pressure I was feeling in my abdomen along with incontinence. An ultrasound showed the fibroid and I've just had a follow up ultrasound after one year and it hasn't changed.

Has anyone else had their uterus removed due a fibroid of this size along with similar complications (of maybe none at all)? Is this considered a large tumor?

I now get pressure just from eating a meal. I have an appointment with a gyno tomorrow and I'm sure I'll tell her to take this darned thing out.

I can't wait to hear from anyone and so happy to have found this web site.

Thanks for listening.
Chrisrose
I had several fibroids about 10 cm, and boy, can I relate to the constant restroom trips! When I was waking up every 1-2 hours, that's when I finally told my doctor "Just do it!" I was exhausted constantly from getting interrupted all the time when I tried to sleep.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register