Nagging headaches..... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Nagging headaches..... Nagging headaches.....

Unread 08-04-2005, 12:21 PM
Nagging headaches.....

I had my TAH on april 20, 2005 and was feeling pretty good, till I started taking premarin on june 1, I had terrible headaches and when I went back to the doctor he lowered the dosage of the premarin to the lowest dose, but I still have the headaches. The doctor said if my headaches continue I can stop taking the premarin. Well I did stop the premarin 2 weeks ago and still have the headaches.... I go back to the doctor soon. I haven't had any hot flashes for about a month now though. But I worry about not taking any estrogen now!! Is anyone else going thru this too????
Bren
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-04-2005, 07:33 PM
Nagging headaches.....

Unread 08-04-2005, 08:03 PM
Nagging headaches.....

(((Bren))), when my estrogen levels are low, I get headaches. It could be that's what is going on with you and rather than lowering your dose, a bump upward may have been more helpful. It's something to consider, anyway!

Are you having any other symptoms? Here's a link to a list of symptoms common for too much/too little estrogen (and also progesterone and testosterone) which you can look over. I think it's helpful to print a copy and check off the ones that sound familiar. You can share it with your doctor. You might also want to keep a journal of the symptoms you are having. Those two items can be important tools for your doctor to use to help you feel much better than you feel now.

If you don't feel your doctor is very knowledgeable about prescribing hormones, you might want to consider having a different doctor prescribe them for you. One way to find a doctor with hormone prescribing knowledge is to contact a compounding pharmacist and ask which doctors use their services. It doesn't mean you need to switch to compounded hormones, but it can find you a doctor who is more aware of hormone prescribing. To find a compounding pharmacy near you, use the locator feature of this site: www.iacprx.org.

I hope this helps! Good luck at your upcoming appointment.

s
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-04-2005, 10:52 PM
Nagging headaches.....

Thanks April Dawn, you've been very helpful....
Bren
Unread 08-05-2005, 12:11 PM
Nagging headaches.....

I have noticed the same thing sometimes. Thanks for your post, you helped me too!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register