Total Hysterectomy | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Total Hysterectomy Total Hysterectomy

Unread 09-23-2007, 07:38 PM
lots of repairs

I'm having a total hysterectomy through my c-section,nov 5th I have fibroids 3 and 4 cm...do you automatically have to have your bladder repaired? because of having everything taken out...wow I learn more and more each day that I read other people that has had hysterectomy's...any advice and stories of someone getting a total hysterectomy,and if they had to have other things repaired.?...................

Lilly
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-23-2007, 07:49 PM
Total Hysterectomy

No, you don't automatically have your bladder repaired. I'm having everything out and I'm not having a bladder repair for two reasons, one physician extender said my muscles are pretty strong and I don't need it, my present doctor told me they can't do a bladder sling for a cancer patient in case I would need radiation at a later date.
Unread 09-23-2007, 07:54 PM
:)

thanks kitty f..I;m still a little worried about the surgery,even though I have had two c- sections..I have already told my grown daughter that if something goes wrong in surgery she is to keep all of my jewelryI know that sounds stupid,,,...

lilly
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-23-2007, 07:58 PM
I'm thankful

I am so happy that I found this web sight...I am not alone thanks everybody for your great advice

Lilly
Unread 09-23-2007, 08:11 PM
Total Hysterectomy

Hi Lilly

You know I never thought about if anything went wrong. I just got mom's jewelry in February. She told me what she wanted me to have last summer when I was out there and Now I have to think about who should get it. I don't have time to die, I'll do it in November. LOL Kitty

Kitty
Unread 09-23-2007, 08:26 PM
Lilly - don't worry

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarpop1
thanks kitty f..I;m still a little worried about the surgery,even though I have had two c- sections..I have already told my grown daughter that if something goes wrong in surgery she is to keep all of my jewelryI know that sounds stupid,,,...

lilly
Hi Lilly -
I have never had a c-section - but I have had other major surgeries besides my hyster (Gastric bypass, hernia repair & tummy tuck, varicose vein surgery, total knee replacement, and a couple other knee surgeries). I tell you all that to say - it is not unusual to have some fear before going in. With all the surgeries I have had - there was only one I had a problem with. And, it was not my hyster!

Trust your doctor and yourself to make the right decision - if you are still uncomfortable - get a 2nd opinion. Also, feel free to post any questions or concerns you have, someone will respond who has 'been there, done that!'

Tell your daughter she will have to wait to inherit the family jewels! You'll do fine!

and
Unread 09-24-2007, 07:49 AM
Total Hysterectomy

I had 2 c-secs too. I don't know if this is the reason- but my TAH incision doesn't hurt a bit! Its totally numb. They didn't have to repair my bladder because there wasn't anything wrong with it.
Unread 11-11-2007, 07:58 AM
I made it :)

well it has been 6 day's still sore as heck.did have some problems durring surgery,had a herina,when i had my son 22 years ago must have ripped the stiches inside...the skin that covers the ( all of the stuff in my stomache)...my colon was stuck to my overies...my doc had to strtch alot of my skin to repair...she ended up giving me a small tummy tuck ,cut 4 or 5 inches of skin and closing me up...free tummt tuck .... cool,didn't think that there was a plastic surgen on board...but she said that she gave me the tummy tuck..so she must have a degree in that...the blotting ( ) not sure that i spelled that right...is the worst..I was wondering about one thing...i have not spotted one time...i thought that i was going to spot for a couple of weeks...anybody have any insight to that?if so it would be of great help...thanks....lilly

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register