Surgery in just 3 days | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Surgery in just 3 days Surgery in just 3 days

Unread 01-28-2013, 11:39 AM
Surgery in just 3 days

Hello this is my 1st time here on this site.I go for surgery this Thursday for a hysterectomy and also vulvar incision surgery.They are removing my small lips and also a chunk of the tissue below the vaginal opening.I am very scared about the issues I will have afterward.I am 30 and and have had countless biospys since I have been 18 so the are removing my cervix.If anyone has any advice ,that would be helpful and very appreciated. Thanks in advance
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-28-2013, 12:03 PM
Re: Surgery in just 3 days

Junebugs- wow! That's some surgery! You have stumbled upon the right website for sure. I had surgery after thanksgiving and this site was a lifesaver! You can get support and talk to people going through a very similar procedure. Any problems or suggestions are all discussed here, pre and post op, pain, BM's, sex, work, anything! And it's just nice not to feel so alone.
It's not a cakewalk, but I feel better now then I've felt in a decade! I hope you find relief too. Good luck!
Unread 01-28-2013, 05:44 PM

It's totally normal to be scared, I think most all of us were beforehand, so you're in good company! I found having as much info as I could before the procedure helped with some of my fears and concerns. I'd suggest that if you haven't already, find out from your doctor what to expect during your recovery - from immediately upon waking up through the weeks of your recovery so you know what's normal and what to get in touch with him/her about. I've found a lot of weird things cropping up (a nasty bruise out of nowhere, leg pain, hot flashes, pinching feelings) but from talking with my doctor and all the wonderful support here on the site realized that it was just normal healing stuff and not to worry. Good luck!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-28-2013, 06:46 PM

I am happy I have joined the site,it seems to have a lot of good info.This surgery justed seemed to come so quickly.I was just at my gyn/oncologist for the first visit on Jan. 11th and the scheduled it that same day.I feel like I haven't had much time to gather much information.I guess I am trying to get as much as I can get before the big day.The more I read and learn it seems I have more questions,lol.Thanks ladies for sounding positive and hope you both are recovering well
Unread 01-28-2013, 06:54 PM

Honey you have a lot on your mind, and believe me...fear of the unknown is the greatest fear.
This forum is absolutely wonderful. Get in with your post op group after your surgery....(you'll find it easily by the surgery dates)....and believe me, you'll find help and consolation and all kinds of tips...and you'll be friends with them forever.

Take a deep breath ...believe me we are all so strong, and the people we are dealing with are kind and smart, and once it's over the days fly by.....

I was so worried I was sick at my stomach...NOW I can say I should not have been like that...but....I was scared. I over reacted, but we all have our own thoughts...but believe me you will feel better sooner than later....hang in there

Lots of prayers that your fears subside.
Unread 01-28-2013, 07:12 PM

It has been already comforting to see how many are out there dealing with the same situation.I like that there are some women waiting to get thier surgery to connect with and also women who have already been there and can share thier advice.Thanks for being so welcoming
Unread 01-29-2013, 10:13 AM

Junebugs- after your surgery you will want some comfy clothes, sweats, pj's, yoga pants, whatever is loose and comfy. You will live in these clothes for a few weeks. Some people want granny panties, they pull up higher then your incision, I found my usual bikini were fine. I kind of let them roll down in front. Soft fuzzy socks completed my clothing. It felt strange to wear these clothes out, but hey the younger girls warm pajama pants out, so what the heck.
Also, there is always constipation problems. I suggest tons of water and prune juice. Others use chemical laxatives and stool softeners, use what's comfortable to you and your doc. But have it on hand when you get home, you will need it. I never had problems with gas, most do. Perhaps gas-x too.
I know your surgery is really close now, try to stock up on easy to heat foods. I don't know what type of help at home you will have, you will need some for a few days.
Glad you found us! Hope all goes well and best of luck

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register