One week away (Children mentioned) - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

One week away (Children mentioned) One week away (Children mentioned)

Unread 01-02-2007, 12:23 PM
One week away (Children mentioned)

I understand exactly how you feel. I also have 3 boys ages 12,11 and 8. I am due to visit the castle on the 9th. My youngest son's birthday is on the 8th and my best friend's son was killed on New Years Day. I just realized that I will probably not be able to attend the funeral. But I spoke with my friend and told her I would postpone the surgery if she needed me to and she said no, I've been in pain for a long time and she didn't to worry about me too...Point is this...there never is a good time, but noone can care and love you like you,take care of yourself so you can be the best you can be for others.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-02-2007, 06:13 PM

Thank you all of you for your great responses, you all are right, there is always going to be a reason that we cannot have time to take off. But some how some way I'm sure everything will get done, just not the way the kids are used to it, and I do it. I'm just worried about stupid things like what if one of the kids get hurt at school or get sick while I'm in the hospital. I know I will have to learn to speak up to my DH and tell him what I need and want and not expect him to know. I just want my DH and kids to get along for that time. For some reason my kids argue with my Dh, he works alot and is a great father and husband but the children react differently to him. That is the one thing I worry about, when I was on bedrest for pregnancy all Hell broke lose around here, and I'm dreading that. Thanks for everything.
Unread 01-02-2007, 07:23 PM

Blessed, I'm in Austin, as well, and my surgery is also the 8th. I'll be at the hospital on MoPac.

I am feeling kinda guilty that I can't prepare the house too much or do a lot of pre-cooking. My middle son is here until Saturday, and we have intentionally not told him about the surgery (he has a tendency to tell his father everything about what happens at our house - I want this to be private).

I plan on staying in bed for the first few days, and not let anything around the house bother me. The only activity my son has is scouts, so he'll have to miss a day.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-02-2007, 08:30 PM

Wow how cool, I will be in Round Rock
Unread 01-02-2007, 08:42 PM

i had my hyst on dec 11 and have 2 kids 10 and 6. both girls. my oldest one understands how miserable i have been and knows i will be feeling better. i'm in week 3 and feeling pretty good. i had a lavh. the first week was hard for me, but my mom was here to help with my girls. and they had time with their other grandma and their dad over xmas so i could heal (i'm divorced). now i'm doing better and things are back to some type of normal. i still feel guilty that i'm not as full of energy as usual, but we do quiet things at home and find ways to just hang out. they appreciate that more than anything i think. i know you'll do fine and your kids will surprise you with how understanding they can be. mine did. and i will always remember that and know that i'm doing a great job with them. and i'm sure you are doing great with yours too.
Unread 01-03-2007, 02:23 AM

I can remember when my mom had her hysterectomy...around 1976 and I was 9. Now I am having mine in about 6 hours!

I remember my mom being in bed and she made it kinda like a game to help her and I got to do chores by myself. She would write down how to do it and I did it! I loved it. I learned to do laundry...went grocery shopping with the help of a church friend...made simple dishes and kept the house. Somehow she made it all fun?! I dont remember being upset or angry at all that she was sick...and she was in bed for at least 2 weeks and generally ill for at least 6 months after that, but this was 1976.

My kiddo is in college and our younger two live with their mother during the school year. So for now its Dh, my fur babies, and me.

This is a great time for you kiddos to learn to help someone else and find out how to care for themselves a little bit too. They will understand Mom is not at her best!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register