15 days post op Pressure | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

15 days post op Pressure 15 days post op Pressure

Unread 01-02-2013, 01:21 PM
15 days post op Pressure

I am feeling a lot of pressure in my vaginal area, is this normal? I had a complete abdominal hysterectomy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-02-2013, 02:53 PM
Re: 15 days post op Pressure

hi im not feeling any pressure in my vaginal area. I had my TAH on dec 4th. i could hardly move 15 days out so i didnt. Have you been straining or lifting anything?
Unread 01-02-2013, 03:26 PM

No, I haven't done anything at all. I have a call into my Dr. I just haven't heard back from him yet. If you don't mind me asking, what is you age? I am 50. I was just curious if age has anything to do with recovery. lol How are you feeling now?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-02-2013, 04:40 PM

Yes, gma23dolls...I did have a lot of pressure around this time in my own recovery. For me, I think it was a combination of nerves regenerating and internal organs re-adjusting to their new positions. Plus weird sleeping positions and sitting for a long time contributed to the multitude of odd feelings I had.
I'm sure age has something to do with recovery but I believe attitude and self-awareness are more important.
I hope you are doing well....Laura
Unread 01-02-2013, 04:59 PM

I've had pressure since my surgery (7 days postop). It increases if I sit up for too long.
Unread 01-02-2013, 06:00 PM

I am new to this site but I wanted to say that I had my total hysterctomy and bladder sling on Dec 19, 2012 and while I am not having the vaginal pressure, I am having tingling sensations in my vaginal area that is making me crazy and the insomnia is awful!!
Unread 01-02-2013, 06:18 PM

I am also having the insomnia, and CRAZY dreams when I do sleep. Also when I lean over I have pain about four or five inches above my belly button. I am just a mess...
Unread 01-03-2013, 02:23 AM

I am 41. I get twinges every once in a while but that when I have been on my feet too much or I move too fast. Yes I have insomnia like now it is 3 in the morning and I'm awake! wide awake the nightmares are horrible! I hope they all go away soon.
Unread 01-03-2013, 02:57 AM

Yes I have pressure also and tingling. Wonder if it's from being on my feet. Yesterday was a good day but I did nothing.
Today I took some decorations down and put others up and dusted. And I've got pressure and tingling down there. And insomnia!! Wow I didn't realize insomnia would be an issue . But when I do sleep I have the most silly dreams and switch from one dream to another . And its hard for me to wake up. i actually felt disoriented after a nap. Can't seem to settle myself down so I'm on here and Pinterest. My DH walks in at 2 am after working his shift and says Honey you are all messed up! Really ? No joke!! better try and get some sleep. 💤 Good luck everyone😏
Unread 01-03-2013, 05:18 AM

I am just over two weeks out and have the pressure. So bad that at times I can't sit, I have to lay down. I am sure it will get better the further out we get.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register