TAH Sick with hysterectomy recovery - nausea, headache, dizziness | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Sick with hysterectomy recovery - nausea, headache, dizziness Sick with hysterectomy recovery - nausea, headache, dizziness

Unread 04-14-2014, 02:34 PM
Sick with hysterectomy recovery - nausea, headache, dizziness

I am not sure what is going on, but besides trying to recovery from a March 27 TAH, I am having nausea, headaches and dizziness. As long as my head is laying down or against something such as the back of a recliner I feel a little better. I go for my second post op tomorrow. Has anyone else had something like this? Also it is allergy season, so every time I sneeze, I feel like I tear an internal stitch.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-14-2014, 02:55 PM
Re: Sick with recovery

I do at times, mine is allergies and side effects from general anesthesia.
Unread 04-14-2014, 03:10 PM

Hi - the symptoms you describe could be due to low blood pressure. Hope you soon feel better and that they can sort it at your post operation appointment. Xx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-14-2014, 03:50 PM

I did not think about low blood pressure, but I did think about General anesthetic causing some of it. I have had these symptoms since the surgery. I will let you know what Dr says tomorrow. Thanks for your responses caropo and canuckgurrl.
Unread 04-14-2014, 04:20 PM

are you eating enough? It could be that you are just not strong yet too.
Wow! You are already going for a second check-up, that's great!
I agree that your blood pressure could be low too.
Are you walking around much? That actually might help.
Unread 04-14-2014, 04:39 PM

I'm the poster child for low BP and have the same issues, just had to call and get my nausea meds refilled again. Well the Zophran the Phenergen is my ticket to 12 hours of sleep so I can't take that unless the hubs is home. Still on the patch too. My headaches are mostly at night when I am trying to sleep and I find an ice pack on my head or back of my neck helps I can't lay down flat or on my side without it getting worse and my incision pulling. I am going for plenty of walks and DH is forcing food down me and I do typically feel a little better after I eat.
Unread 04-14-2014, 04:44 PM
Re: Sick with hysterectomy recovery - nausea, headache, dizziness

not drinking enough with dehydration can cause headaches.
keep up your fluids, have small amounts often if you are nauseaus.
good luck with your appointment
Unread 04-14-2014, 05:00 PM

Hi niborhood 1, I went for my first one 5 days after the surgery, so tomorrow will be about 2 weeks later. Walking pretty good. Since I work from home I started back today. It was kind of rough. Hopefully tomorrow will be better. Did not eat much at first but I think I am eating enough now. Feel a little better tonight. Thanks
Unread 04-14-2014, 05:34 PM

My blood pressure was low for a while. Write down everything you want to ask your doctor or tell him/her so that when you are there if you are nervous, you won't forget. Then, take time and write the answers so you will remember them.
Good luck.
Unread 04-14-2014, 06:56 PM

did you wear the anti-nausea patch in your procedure? I did, and when you take it off, it can make you feel very motion sick - dizzy, nauseous, headache, blurry eyed, sick. For some people, this can last for several weeks. My dizziness lifted but nausea and blurry eyesight is still lingering around a little (but getting better).

You might want to buy some Meclizine and see if it helps. It helped my dizziness a TON and I only took about 2 doses in one day.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register