Upcoming hysterectomy | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Upcoming hysterectomy Upcoming hysterectomy

Unread 06-09-2014, 01:52 PM
Upcoming hysterectomy

I'm 44 yrs old and about to have a complete hysterectomy. Very nervous, little scared. I currently have a golf ball size cyst on left ovary and several marble size ones too..and endometriosis. Any words of encouragement accepted.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-09-2014, 02:15 PM
Re: Upcoming surgery

take care of yourself before surgery try to stay calm my surgery is Friday and the hardest part for me was waiting for it to happen Ill let you now how I feel after on Friday I have a hard time resting in Hospitals pretty sure Ill be awake most of the night lol
Unread 06-09-2014, 04:59 PM

Hi Ladies

I am almost 5 weeks out and I can promise you that the waiting is the hardest part. I was a hot mess before mine. I now am not running to the bathroom every 15 minutes and can already tell that after I am fully recovered I will be pain free. Prior to the surgery I pretty much had pain and pressure every day almost all day. This is truly freeing and life changing.

Sending positive thoughts!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-09-2014, 06:15 PM
Upcoming hysterectomy

Be encouraged. Expect the unexpected. Follow the doctors orders. Listen to your body and always follow your first mind. I had a total hysterectomy on 6/6/14 due to endometrosis and I was only expecting a partial prior to my surgery date. Relax!
Unread 06-09-2014, 07:12 PM

I just got my date for abdominal hysterctomy for June 16. Scared to death. And my husband of 32 years who has always been so supportive of me, just made a comment that made me cry my eyes out. He said you are acting like its major surgery, it's no big deal. Well it's a big deal to me. I just don't know if I am being overly sensitive or what
Unread 06-09-2014, 07:22 PM

I just had abdominal hysterectomy Monday June2,2014. I was like you ladies very scared and worried , but my advice to you is to stay calm and relax. I believe me stressing so much the week before made me hurt more the first day of surgery. It wasn't @ all like I thought it would be. I made my concerns known to my doctor which she spoke to me about and I was reassured I would be given something to relax me. I was also told not to stress myself out ;however I didn't listen and paid for it. It's normal to be nervous , but you will be fine and although I am only a week out , I am glad I had this surgery , I was miserable and the doctor found so many things that could have gotten worse in time. It's truly not as bad as I thought. Relax , pray and just leave it all in Gods hands !!!!
Unread 06-09-2014, 07:29 PM

I think a big part of my problem is I spend too much time in my head. I have been missing so much work due to bladder issues and I love my job, and I cry all the time. I am really trying to get out of my head and not be so sensitive. Glad I found this group and I wish all of you the best. Just knowing other women feel the same way helps so much.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register