TVH I'm new here! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I'm new here! I'm new here!

Unread 04-16-2015, 03:07 PM
I'm new here!

Hi! I'm Tami I had my TV on 4/2/15. I came across this website a few days before my scheduled surgery and have just now joined. I think this site is amazing and I'm so excited to be a hystersister!
I had my TVH two weeks ago today due to unmanageable bleeding and pain. My surgery went well with no major complications. My Dr told my husband that it was a good thing we went ahead with it because I probably would of had prolapse soon. Post op has been OK so far other than a lot of pain in the first few days until out of no where last night I started having shooting pains in my lower abdomen I'm guessing around where my stitches are, and so much pressure. From all of your post I have gathered I'm thinking this may be normal? However I've also developed an annoying cough that definitely doesn't help the pain! Anyone else with a cough?
Anyway I'm glad to be apart of this awesome group and can't wait to get to know you ladies! Hope everyone is recovering smoothly as possible!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-16-2015, 04:14 PM
Re: I'm new here!

The shooting pains can be healing pains.....usually weeks 3-6 internal stitches can dissolve and cause pain and discharge.
But they can dissolve earlier.
That being said, always check with your doctor with new pains and ask if you are able to have advil or muscle relaxant for the pressure feeling you are having.
Definitely get the cough checked out and make sure its not a lung infection and ask what cough suppressants you are able to take to make it easier on you.
Take great care and keep posting your progress
Unread 04-16-2015, 07:04 PM
I'm new here!

Thanks for your reply! I am going to call the Dr in the morning and let them know about the new pain and cough. I didn't even think about chest infection. My brain isn't thinking to well lately
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-16-2015, 08:16 PM
Re: I'm new here!

Welcome to HysterSisters. We are so glad that you joined us. I am glad that you are going to call your doctor in the morning. Please let us know what you find out.

Coughs are definitely not good after surgery. Try keeping a pillow handy so you can hold it over your tummy when you feel one coming on. It will help with the pain.

to you dear. Remember we are here for you.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register