4 weeks post hysterectomy and pain on right side of abdomen | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

4 weeks post hysterectomy and pain on right side of abdomen 4 weeks post hysterectomy and pain on right side of abdomen

Unread 09-18-2016, 08:12 PM
4 weeks post hysterectomy and pain on right side of abdomen

I had my hysterectomy (abdominal) four weeks ago and starting having some pain on my right side of my abdomen about three days ago. I can feel a knot or something and that side of my abdomen is a bit more swollen than the left side.m not sure what this is....any ideas? I rested for a couple days and felt a little better earlier today, but the pain never really went away.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-19-2016, 09:53 AM
Re: 4 weeks post hysterectomy and pain on right side of abdomen

Bowel pains can often be mistaken for post-op pains, even if we're not particularly constipated. I notice that on days I've not eaten the right foods or had enough fluids even now - I can feel the tumbling, rumbling. Also, healing comes in stages, with earlier scar tissue dissolving internally when it's replaced by fresh tissue - that's when we're likely to feel twinges. I'd feel something like ovulation pain or "phantom uterine cramps" after resuming activities, too. Never anything serious, but uncomfortable and disquieting after things had been going well. Like you, I'd take it easy. If you have any lingering concerns, call your doc's office. They'll know the right questions to ask.

Unread 09-19-2016, 10:01 AM

I am also 4 weeks out. I am having the same type of pain, but on my left side. I contacted my dr this morning to be safe, and she said it sounded like normal healing and to just call if it got worse or didn't go away. You might try calling your dr just in case!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-19-2016, 11:04 AM

The GI system may be different after a hysterectomy so be sure youre eating plenty of fruits, veggies, pumpkin seeds, etc. Watch for processed foods, starchy carbs like pasta & bread.. Watch gas producing foods.

If the discomfort is low that can be your ovaries or if youre ovulating it can cause discomgort but that should last a few days. The appendix is on the right side.

You can always put a call in to your Dr to ease your mind.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register