Stink like crazy | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Stink like crazy Stink like crazy

Unread 02-22-2010, 05:43 AM
Stink like crazy

I am 6 months post op of a total hysterectomy. I bleed like I've been stabbed, I have bloody discharge everyday of my life. I mess up panties, can't go around people cause everyday I smell like a rotten dog. Went back to the person who performed my surgery. She said i just may have an infection and didn't want to check me so i made her check me she said i have a huge mass of granulation tissue(whatever that is) she put something on it and said the smell and bleeding should stop thats been two months ago and I smell worst than ever. Wish i had never had this done!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-22-2010, 06:01 AM
Re: Stink like crazy

I think catydoll that this may be a topic better posted in the Post-Op Forum... Since we are all pre-op, you may scare us a bit to much. LOL. I am sure there are people in the post-op threads who can give you better advice since we haven't been through surgery yet.

I am sorry to hear you are going through such a hard time though.
Unread 02-22-2010, 10:17 AM

Free, this is post op

Cat, I think I would go and get a second opinion. You shouldn't be bleeding or smelling at all at your stage. If the doc you orginally went to won't do something, go to someone else. What about your primary? Anyhow, just wanted to wish you the best of luck and hopes that you get feeling better soon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-22-2010, 11:00 AM

I am sorry you are feeling this way. It is obvious to us that something is not rigth. Amazing that your doc doesn't get it and good for you to demand to have an exam. I would definately see a new doctor. Please keep us updated and hope you feel better
Unread 02-22-2010, 11:08 AM

Thanks everybody for the responses. And for the one who hasn't had it yet I'm sorry for posting this here. I'm really not familiar with where i'm suppose to post things so I apologize again.
Unread 02-22-2010, 03:03 PM

You are in the right area for posting. Hope your day was better.
Unread 02-22-2010, 03:22 PM

I would be getting yourself to the nearest Emergency Department. None of this sounds right. Please make sure you get yourself checked and soon. While I'm not a doctor, the longer you wait, the worse things could get (like they aren't bad enough already).

Please take care of you.
Unread 02-22-2010, 03:52 PM

I agree with Wisesagicap - this is NOT normal! You need to seek additional counsel right away!!

Even if you have to go to some place like planned parenthood (if it is an insurance issue). I agree strongly, that the emergency room or urgent care is a MUST stop for you.

I'll be praying for you! I am so sorry you are having such a hard time, and not getting the proper concern from you doctor. There IS someone that will listen, and will help you - just go get em. Be safe, be well!
Unread 02-22-2010, 06:17 PM

we have to be our own self advocates..it took me COUNTLESS phone calls, and crying on the phone to my ob/gyn receptionist to get an initial appointment..i could NOT wait a year.
call, and keep calling till you get an answer...and if you dont, call somewhere else, or go to emerg.
Unread 02-22-2010, 07:34 PM

pussycatdoll -

You may find this link to information on granularization helpful.

Otherwise I would agree that you should get a second opinion.

G.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register