Day before surgery question | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Day before surgery question Day before surgery question

Unread 02-26-2013, 04:20 PM
Day before surgery question

I signed up for a half marathon back in the fall, and the day of the event just happens to be the day before my surgery. My fear is putting too much stress on my body before the surgery and possibly prolonging recovery. Any thoughts or words of advice?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-26-2013, 04:51 PM
Re: Day before surgery question

First, I admire anyone that can run a half marathon. You go girl!!! Second, I think I would be concerned like you said about stressing my body the day before surgery and using up reserves your body may need to heal. Another concern would be the possibility of injury during the run. I would certainly run this question by my doctor. Best wishes with whichever decision you make.
Unread 02-26-2013, 07:21 PM

I would also ask your doctor. Running that distance may put too much strain on your body, with major surgery the next day.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-26-2013, 08:59 PM

Also very often the day before involves clear liquid diet plus bowel prep. I would worry about injury, too. I agree, see if your Dr has an opinion. It doesn't seem like the best idea but I can see it would be disappointing to miss it.
Unread 02-27-2013, 12:26 PM

Thanks everyone! With the anxiety of surgery and so much to do, I am marking the half marathon off. I just don't want the stress of getting up so early and being totally exhausted afterward. My husband and I have planned a relaxing day instead!
Unread 02-27-2013, 12:44 PM

I agree with those who recommend asking for your phsyiciain's advice and for reasoning that you never know what could come up.

Since my surgery day is tomorrow- all I plan to do is get a few more small non-stressing things done- pack my bag and then sit down for however long I can just to keep my reserves on the full marker.

I'm not all too active of a person as it is- so sitting and relaxing should go pretty easily hehehehe.

Just my thoughts.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register