Sleeping Positions - cant ! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Sleeping Positions - cant ! Sleeping Positions - cant !

Unread 02-10-2009, 11:18 AM
Sleeping Positions - cant !

hi, I am at 5 wks. out now today ...
I am so tired of sleeping the same way every night !
on my back and sometimes with knees proped up. but I have tried to sleep on my sides and it hurts to do this ?
anyone else have this problem ?
cheri
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-10-2009, 11:21 AM

I was able to sleep on my side as long as I had a pillow between my legs. As you heal more you may find you don't need the pillow but that is what worked for me. Best wishes.
Unread 02-10-2009, 12:01 PM

I slept on my side with a body pillow. I would have the pillow under my side and between my legs. It really gave me the support that my body needed.

I hope you can get comfy soon.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-10-2009, 12:03 PM

I was like you. I would often fall asleep on my back with my knees up. I don't remember exactly when I was able to roll over on to my side and have it feel ok, but it took a very long time for me. It helped me to tuck a pillow under one side of my back to give me the sensation of being more on my side. You will get better!
Unread 02-10-2009, 12:22 PM

I can now sleep on my right side for half the night. I really do sleep well on my back either so I was glad when I was able to sleep on my side even if only for a few hours. I will be glad when my sleeping gets back to normal. Oh, I will be 3 weeks post op tomorrow.
Unread 02-10-2009, 12:35 PM

I am 7 wks. post op. and I just started sleeping on my tummy again!! It is so nice! I couldn't take the pain of sleeping the same way anymore!! Just hang in there and every couple of days try to sleep in a different postition and see if it's comfortable yet.
Unread 02-10-2009, 02:31 PM

I am in the same boat. I sleep in the recliner. Everyday at first now every other day I go up to my bed and try my sides. It is painful and uncomfortable. I lay there awake as long as I can stand it 1hour or more if I can. Then I get up. I can tolerate it a little longer on the right side. I can't wait to get back on a side or my tummy. My back side really hurts and the quality of sleep is lacking.
Good luck to you and keep trying.
Unread 02-10-2009, 04:08 PM

I've learned to sleep on my side a very specific way. I do have to put a regular pillow between my knees, and my small "lap pillow" that they gave me in the hospital right under my tummy beside the incision. As long as both of those are comfortably in place, I am able to sleep on my side; otherwise, I might not be getting any sleep at all!! I'm one week post-op, and not sleeping more than two hours at a time yet, but it's getting better day by day. Try lots of pillows, and good luck!!
Unread 02-10-2009, 06:03 PM

I am 6 weeks post op and I really miss sleeping on my stomach! Over the past day or two I've got so I can lay on my stomach for a few minutes before it bugs me too much. It's not so much pain as the swelly belly pressure in the way. I can sleep on my left side with a little prop pillow under the side of my belly, but not as well on right side. That feels like something's going to give. It is getting better!
Unread 02-10-2009, 07:17 PM

I am 6 weeks post op and just a few nights ago was able to go back to my regualr position...sorta on my side/tummy with a knee up. Before that it was all back the first 3 1/2 weeks and then side with a pillow.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register