Abdominal abscess | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Abdominal abscess Abdominal abscess

Unread 08-15-2010, 11:33 PM
Abdominal abscess

Again thanks to all your help. I went to the ER on THursday night in extreme pain. They did a CBC which was 18,000 and cat scan that showed an abscess by my right ovary. They admitted me and gave me two days full of IV antiobiotics and sent me home on Augmenton. The ER talked about putting a drain in but my gynecologist said nothing about that. I have been home for a day now and still very very achy and have a low grade fever. I have increased pain. Does this sound right to anyone? Usually when I get augmenton it's for a cold not something like this. Any help would be appreciated. I don't see the doctor till September 2nd. I just don't want to let this get out if hand. Thanks again!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-16-2010, 12:48 AM
Re: Abdominal abscess

I don't know if I should give advice since I don't know specifics about your situation - but I had a post-op abscess and it required surgical drainage. I don't have all the details yet since it was all such a rush...but it definitely wasn't going away on it's own. I was also admitted via ER in extreme pain with a high white blood cell count (and my hemoglobin was falling) and did two days of antibiotics before they operated. Perhaps they think the type you have can go away with just drugs? I'm not sure how they knew mine wouldn't...they did ultraound and CT scan and said there was no way. I stayed in two more days after the surgery for continued IV antibiotics and then was sent home on 7 day course of triple antibiotics...

Do you know if they checked to see if your counts were going down and stuff before they discharged you? Perhaps they think yours can clear itself up if it isn't too large (mine was the size of a grapefruit)

Hang in there and keep us posted, I know the pain is bad...if it gets worse or the fever gets worse I would personally go straight back to the ER *hugs*
Unread 08-16-2010, 04:11 PM
Re: Abdominal abscess

Thanks so much. When I left the hospital it was down to 16,000. The WBC that is. Everyone I have talked to has always had a drain. I just want to start to feel better and get back to work. It's horrible the stuff we go through. Thanks again so much.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register