TAH Did anyone have TAH due to Pelvic Inflammatory Disease ?? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Did anyone have TAH due to Pelvic Inflammatory Disease ?? Did anyone have TAH due to Pelvic Inflammatory Disease ??

Unread 12-03-2011, 11:36 AM
Did anyone have TAH due to Pelvic Inflammatory Disease ??

My TAH was caused by: PID...Pelvic Inflammatory Disease.

I had no symptoms, until the most horrible lower abdominal pains of my life sent me to the ER, with a high fever, chills, shaking, dizziness, etc...I had no idea what was wrong with me. I thought maybe appendix. I have no history of reproductive issues, so how can this be ?? I was in complete denial. I'm married...separated, & no other sexual partners since my husband...EVER. I'm a 49 yr old woman in good physical health. I rarely get a cold, so how did I get here ??!!! Now I have "PID" from an "STD" ?? I was so sick by then, I can't remember all the "STD" tests I was given & which one I may have had. It didn't seem to be anyone's chief concern, by then, as to what got me to this point.

After a CT Scan & 3 Pelvic Exams, there was no doubt that I had "PID"....this had to have been given to me by my husband !!!

Things went very, very bad for me....very fast. I was admitted to the hospital immediately, & given as many as 9 antibiotics in a day, & nothing could touch this. I had Tubo-Ovarian Lesions/Cysts in my Fallopian Tubes, which had already abscessed. Everything imaginable went wrong from there. After 6 days of lying in a hospital bed....literally dying, & too sick to even have surgery performed, an Internal Ultrasound found that my entire reproductive system was abscessed, & any organ could have ruptured at any minute. My doctor said he had never seen anything like this in 29 yrs of practice. I think it scared him too. My body wasn't in any shape for surgery, for many reasons, but it didn't matter any more....I had to go immediately.

I was so traumatized by all this. The surgery took 4.5 hrs. My doctor said my ovaries were the size of pears, & some of my organs were attached to my back !!

A total of 12 days in the hospital, I very nearly die, TAH, 8 weeks of recovery....HOW DID I GET HERE ??? Why didn't I have symptoms before it nearly killed me ??? My doctor can't answer that....medical anomaly ??

Does anyone have any answers ??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-03-2011, 02:24 PM
Re: Did anyone have TAH due to Pelvic Inflammatory Disease ??

I am not going to be able to completely answer all of your questions. However, I can tell you that though most cases of PID are from an STD, not all of them are. Also, infections of any kind can rapidly spread taking a person from healthy one day to horribly sick the next.

Here is a short article we have on PID that might help a bit:

https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/article_454234.htm

Unread 12-03-2011, 03:54 PM
Re: Did anyone have TAH due to Pelvic Inflammatory Disease ??

Thanks for the info. It's pretty much what I've read on every website. I guess I was looking for anything that would tell me I DID NOT get this from an STD. It's been alot to deal with, but all I can do is be thankful I'm alive.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register