Finally Home... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Finally Home... Finally Home...

Unread 12-21-2006, 07:36 PM
Finally Home...

Just a quick update, finally home after TLH on 12.14.06. Surgery was at 1 and with complications surgery ended around 5, didnt get to room till 10! Stayed over two nights and did okay... though running low fever entire time, couple hours after I got home had a turn for the worse fever spiked, and realized no bowel activity still. Went to the ER and spent 9 hours in ER having scans, spinal taps, and blood tests... oh, and the nervous nurse dropped a FULL IV BAG RIGHT ON MY STOMACH!... after many tests, decided I had illium? however you say it my bowels had quit working. Spent the next 3 days having TONS of medications pumped through me with CT scans daily. Finally, they began working yesterday morning, though completely fluid. Yuck! Then to find out had complications from spinal tap and had to have blood patch procedure which left me flat on my back with no pillows to ensure the procedure took, stayed this way for 12 hours. But it worked, and FINALLY today I am home!

Whew... all I have to say is never, ever forget to trust your instinct and talk to the doctor. I had thought it was weird that no one had said anything or questioned me not having bowel activity. Well the hard part is over. I am home, very sore from two punctures in spinal column, plus surgery. And almost peed my pants laughing when I finally stood in front of the mirror today to see how big and bumpy my tummy is. Everywhere there is stitches (6 sites) there is this indent. I know I am wierd.

Thanks for everyones prayers, glad everyone seems to be well on their way to recovery... and have a wonderful, and restful weekend.

Marti

p.s. ... still waiting on pathology from surgery?!?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-21-2006, 08:28 PM
Finally Home...

WOW!!! I'll bet you're glad to be home!
Illeus is a terrible thing
Rest lots now and try to enjoy Christmas.
Unread 12-21-2006, 10:18 PM
Finally Home...

Whew!...youre post made me hurt, and nevermind tired!

Speedy recovery from here on out!!

take care
diana
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-22-2006, 07:48 AM
Finally Home...

Welcome home! You're well on the road to feeling better again!
Unread 12-26-2006, 08:40 PM
Thanks!

Thank you... yes things are much better now that I am home able to drink something beyond apple juice and saltines...

Wasn't to scare anyone, just to remind those to follow that you should stay in tune with your body.

The last few days has been much easier. Catching up on new release movies, reading, lots of sleeping with the good old heating pad and hot chocolate.

Hope eveyone had a wonderful holiday!

Marti
Unread 12-26-2006, 09:06 PM
Hi Marty

Hi Marti-
I'm praying for you and I'm sure your pathology will be A-Ok. Sending you a virtual hot cup of cocoa and hope that you can put your feet up and relax. Hugs to you!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register