RALH on the 19th... anyone else, and HOW ARE YOU? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

RALH on the 19th... anyone else, and HOW ARE YOU? RALH on the 19th... anyone else, and HOW ARE YOU?

Unread 07-11-2009, 08:01 AM
RALH on the 19th... anyone else, and HOW ARE YOU?

hey everyone! i was just curious on how all of you are feeling and the progress that you have had- i want to compare them to mine. i know we are all different but just curious......
i am definitely making progress..... still tired at the end of the day though! i still get lower back pain, but not as bad.....
please let me know! thank you!
baths? the big O? swimming? "chores"? etc....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-11-2009, 08:35 AM
Re: RALH on the 19th... anyone else, and HOW ARE YOU?

Hi Halles,

Same day, same procedure.

No baths, no swimming, no sex for 6 weeks per docs orders . . . I have my 6 weeks check-up at the end of this month so I'll know more then.

Overall, I am doing well. My friend, GAS, still visits me, but I know how to get rid of him when he overstays his visit. I am still doing very little as far as chores, but I do walk a lot and I drink a lot of water.

My belly button incision is no longer bothering me . . . I knew it would be the most tender of my 4 incisions. Sometimes I have boundless energy, and during those times I monitor myself closely, because I know that it is during this time when I am prone to be over-active. I still have my weight restrictions, not lifting anything over 8 lbs which proves to be very comical, because my DH weighs most things that he think I will pick up, and then tells me yes or no.

My biggest thing is that I don't have the pains I had prior to surgery, and I love the fact that I am not bleeding anymore. I am grateful that I had my surgery and I hope to continue to have a smooth recovery.
Unread 07-11-2009, 08:47 AM

I had mine on the 8th and am now almost 5 wks out. My incisions are all sealed/healed, and my only complaint is the Swelly Belly. I purchased the Binder and got it yesterday and what a relief. I went back to work last week, (desk job)and although extremely fatigued at the end of the day, I got thru it. I still suffer from little pains and aches mainly around the naval and right side, but its not constant and usually I think its a reminder that I was doing too much. Gas is still a issue, but not nearly as bad as the first few days.

My doc cleared me for exercise, and just told me to be cautious lifting anything heavier than 10 lbs. I am keeping myself on the lifting restrictions at least til 6 wk mark. Have been too tired to exercise more than a walk around the block. He did tell me no pushing/pulling until wk 6 and if it hurts than wait another wk longer. He also cleared me for sex at the 4 wk mark because I kept my cervix, however I have no desire yet to even attempt it. (although the desire is coming a little stronger as I feel better) Not that I am not in the mood, but scared it will be umcomfortable. Hubby and I agree better to wait a little longer than for it not to be great and set back for another couple of weeks.

I can tell a big difference in the way I felt last week to this week, I have more energy, doing a little more and just nap when I feel I need it. SO grateful to be to the other side now.....

Jill
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-11-2009, 08:57 AM

my doctor cleared me at the 3 week mark that i was able to swim and take baths.... i wonder why we get so many different answers when we all had the same procedure!?!?
Unread 07-11-2009, 02:22 PM

I guess it depends on whether or not you kept your cervix. I don't have a cervix, so my vaginal cuff has to heal . . . that could be one reason (but don't quote me on that). Otherwise, I feel great. Did both of you keep you cervix?
Unread 07-11-2009, 06:31 PM

i had my cervix removed but kept my ovaries.... i feel pretty good.... maybe i will wait to swim til next weekend.....

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register