dVH/RALH ugh.... stupid me. :( | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

ugh.... stupid me.  :( ugh.... stupid me. :(

Unread 12-03-2011, 01:18 PM
ugh.... stupid me. :(

ugh............. okay, so it's me with another problem.

I had to get out of the house today. My husband is home so I can take off alone.

With Christmas right around the corner, I figured, let me run to the outlets and get some things done.

Keep in mind, I had a lot of coupons...... Can you see where this is going?

Okay, so in the first store, I find myself with lots of clothes and a nice pair of boots. (for me)

I'm up at the counter, pay and notice the size of the bag. It was big...... and heavy.

I carried it into the 2nd store not thinking that it was "that" heavy and the sales were great in the 2nd store! lol

BUT, then my stomach started to hurt. I put the bag down and quickly realized that I was in trouble. I carried it like a baby to the car and came home. I'm achy but no blood, thank God.

I'm 6 weeks post op. Am I supposed to still follow the original orders of no lifting or am I past that.

I see my doctor this Thursday. I'm afraid to tell her what I did.

How do you know if you damaged anything inside?

ugh..... I won't do it again. I'm so mad at myself right now.

Thanks for any words of encouragement......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-03-2011, 01:35 PM
Re: ugh.... stupid me. :(

I'd mention it to your dr but guessing it is ok at 6 weeks. I had a single site lavh and my surgeon released me from everything but sex at 4 weeks. I know ll drs are different, but I think at 6 weeks you'd only run the risk of hernia if you lifted too much. I'd take it easy and if you bleed or have enough pain for pain mess then call.
Unread 12-03-2011, 05:02 PM

Right after my 2 week check up I had to go to the laundromat because our washer broke. I lifted a laundry basket with a load of wet clothes and felt a painful pulling on my right side. Of course I still carried the basket out to the car.
This was on a Friday. I had some pain over the weekend. I called the doctor's office on Monday. I was told that as long as I had no fever, no vaginal bleeding, loss of internal stitches or bleeding from external stitches that I was fine. But of course I was "yelled" at and told to take it easy!
Hope you feel better.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-03-2011, 05:20 PM

Thanks, guys.....

I really don't hurt or feel bad so I'm praying I'm okay! I feel so good physically, that I forget that I'm still not supposed to do anything.

Unread 12-03-2011, 06:42 PM

I am really scared and mad at myself. I had my surgery on Monday and today I baked some cookies for an order I had taken two months ago, (I have a small business out of my house), and was on my feet for 2 hours. Plus my daughter is home to celebrate her 20th, so needless to say, I am now in pain. I AM LYING DOWN, but so afraid I screwed up. Only hurts when I stand up. No bleeding, just my normal, extremely little. Dumb, dumb, dumb. I know. Was actually feeling good today, besides fatigue, so of course I felt I was ok. I pray everything is ok. Have a good night all. :0)
Unread 12-03-2011, 06:56 PM

I remember the 1st time I went to the grocery store with my adult daughter about 3 weeks after surgery. It felt so good to get out of the house! I insisted on pushing the cart to help keep myself study on my feet. Nevery considered that the cart was not only getting fuller, but also heavier!!! I didn't lift a single bag, but the weight of the cart was far more than my 10# limit! My stomach definitely ached by the time I got home. My doctor said that part of the restrictions is also for the muscles to heal after the surgery and he was sure that was what was causing the pain.
After all you have gone through, I hope you were able to accomplish a lot on that shopping trip!
Unread 12-03-2011, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonJodi View Post
I am really scared and mad at myself. I had my surgery on Monday and today I baked some cookies for an order I had taken two months ago, (I have a small business out of my house), and was on my feet for 2 hours. Plus my daughter is home to celebrate her 20th, so needless to say, I am now in pain. I AM LYING DOWN, but so afraid I screwed up. Only hurts when I stand up. No bleeding, just my normal, extremely little. Dumb, dumb, dumb. I know. Was actually feeling good today, besides fatigue, so of course I felt I was ok. I pray everything is ok. Have a good night all. :0)
Oh, I'm sorry..... I hope you're feeling better! I know that sick feeling after we do something wrong!!!

I should've waited to post about my day, because tonight my 2 year old fell off a chair which fell on her leg. I ran over, slid the chair to the side and without thinking, I picked her up off the floor. If I wasn't in trouble before, I am now........ Not that I wouldn't do the same thing if it happened again!!

Ugh..... I just want to cry! I have pain in my groin on the left side. I took meds and I'm going to bed now. Praying that it doesn't hurt tomorrow!

Hoping that we're both okay!!!!! This is very stressful.....
Unread 12-03-2011, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmpb View Post
I remember the 1st time I went to the grocery store with my adult daughter about 3 weeks after surgery. It felt so good to get out of the house! I insisted on pushing the cart to help keep myself study on my feet. Nevery considered that the cart was not only getting fuller, but also heavier!!! I didn't lift a single bag, but the weight of the cart was far more than my 10# limit! My stomach definitely ached by the time I got home. My doctor said that part of the restrictions is also for the muscles to heal after the surgery and he was sure that was what was causing the pain.
After all you have gone through, I hope you were able to accomplish a lot on that shopping trip!
Lol..... Oh yes, I accomplished a lot!!! Too much!! Next trip is going to be one small bag only!!

Thanks for sharing your story. My husband said that mine was probably muscle pain, too. I hope that's all it is!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register