Awful urethra pain after hysterectomy... Ouch! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Awful urethra pain after hysterectomy... Ouch! Awful urethra pain after hysterectomy... Ouch!

Unread 01-25-2014, 06:05 PM
Awful urethra pain after hysterectomy... Ouch!

I have pain in clitoris/urethra area that feels like a shock of sting. It is scary and awfully depressing. Has anyone experienced pain in this area? I had my TVH with cuff two weeks ago.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-25-2014, 09:07 PM
Re: Awful uretha pain... Ouch!

My TVH was 1/16. I haven't had the pain you're describing, but I have had other discomfort in the bladder and vaginal area...throbbing ache, shooting pains, and pressure. This started Wednesday. After reading the one week postop checklist, I think its normal bladder related spasms and just the organs and nerves readjusting. I don't know about you, but every news pain causes me to worry. Hoping your problem subsides soon!
Unread 01-25-2014, 09:15 PM

I had this, but it turned out to be in my vagina after all. It would burn like crazy when I peed! I had a raging yeast infection, and once it was treated, the pain left.

Until then, I had to pee and squirt a flow of warm water on my urethra with a peri bottle at the same time or I couldn't handle the pain.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-25-2014, 10:09 PM

Bladder spasms. I had them. If I drank anything carbonated, it was much worse. It'll ease up.
Unread 01-25-2014, 10:43 PM

I had them really bad, at 4wks I had a urinalysis done I felt like it had gone on long enough! I had a urinary tract infection. Took a round of antibiotics. I still have some discomfort, it's much better, recheck urinalysis was clear. I guess it's still the trauma of the catheter. Everyday it is better. You might get a urinalysis checked just to make sure.
Unread 03-27-2014, 05:55 PM

Well went to a Urogyn for bladder and urethra pain and now painful sex. they Catheterized me to check to see if I was emptying my bladder then the put meds in my bladder to help sooth it the lining I have to come back on 4/28 for a bladder scope and ultrasounds there was raw spot on my cervix incision that he put silver nitrate to to cauterize it. He also thinks I may be going into menopause drew blood will know results next week
My new dr assures me he will get me better I sure hope so I thought by now all would be great!
Unread 03-28-2014, 10:45 PM
Re: Awful urethra pain after hysterectomy... Ouch!

I've been having the same pain...went to see doc today and he said he had to do quite a bit of work on my bladder due to it being attached to my uterus. He said my bladder is now learning to "live without its friend". I'm having stinging/burning in urethra and bladder, urine test came up negative for UTI.
Unread 03-29-2014, 12:23 PM
Re: Awful urethra pain after hysterectomy... Ouch!

I couldn't get past My Dr nurses so I don't know if there was any attachment of my bladder or not the surgical report didn't reflect it. I feel kinda bad for going to another Dr but I needed urologist too. So we are starting from scratch. He supposed to be one of the best in this area. So praying for good results. Hope you get better too
Unread 03-29-2014, 10:14 PM

My bladder was attached to my uterus as well. It is causing pain . I called my dr. And left a message but with it being the weekend I'll get a call back on Monday. I am glad you posted because I didn't think about the bladder getting used to NOT having its friend attached. I've been taking Tylenol and its helping. Were you prescribed anything or just told it would get better in its own???
  Quote:
Originally Posted by Lmcpunk View Post
I've been having the same pain...went to see doc today and he said he had to do quite a bit of work on my bladder due to it being attached to my uterus. He said my bladder is now learning to "live without its friend". I'm having stinging/burning in urethra and bladder, urine test came up negative for UTI.
Unread 03-29-2014, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pshtexas View Post
My bladder was attached to my uterus as well. It is causing pain . I called my dr. And left a message but with it being the weekend I'll get a call back on Monday. I am glad you posted because I didn't think about the bladder getting used to NOT having its friend attached. I've been taking Tylenol and its helping. Were you prescribed anything or just told it would get better in its own???

My doctor didn't prescribe anything. It's not a pain, just frequent ruination, and the bladder feels sore when it releases urine.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register