Bleeding 5 weeks Post Op - Cervix Removed | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Bleeding 5 weeks Post Op - Cervix Removed Bleeding 5 weeks Post Op - Cervix Removed

Unread 10-31-2007, 12:02 PM
Bleeding 5 weeks Post Op - Cervix Removed

I have bled since day 1! It got very light for awhile, almost yellow in color and then today - back to brown! I have had this for five weeks! I had LAVH/BSO. Are there any other ladies that have had the same procedure and how long have you been bleeding? Am I normal?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-31-2007, 12:06 PM

My surgeon said to expect bleeding for up to 6 weeks. If it's a concern I'd definately call my dr to make sure it's not abnormal bleeding.
Unread 10-31-2007, 12:47 PM

I agree, better to be safe than sorry.......call your doctor and ask. It may be completely normal, maybe you did more than usual a day or two and you need to slow down?????

I have wondered about this myself. I expected at least some spotting but have had NOTHING since surgery.

Hope you feel better soon, call your doctor and let us know what they say.

Christine
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-31-2007, 02:21 PM

I didn't have any discharge for the first 2 weeks, then it started kind of bloody, then yellowish, then brown... then bloodish again... I guess it depends on each one individual healing process...
Unread 10-31-2007, 02:22 PM

I had abdominal hysto, cervix & both ovaries. 5 weeks today. Still some brown spotting. It's been on and off since day one. Was at doctor on Monday. She said as long as it was not bright red, then it was not a problem. Of course it does not hurt to call doctor if you are concerned.
Unread 10-31-2007, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phlygrl
I have bled since day 1! It got very light for awhile, almost yellow in color and then today - back to brown! I have had this for five weeks! I had LAVH/BSO. Are there any other ladies that have had the same procedure and how long have you been bleeding? Am I normal?
I had a LAVH/BSO bleed after 2 weeks from doing too much. After a week it stopped. I had bleeding after we were intimate at 6weeks a few times. I'm seeing the doc. tomorrow and ask about this. I don't having any bleeding on a daily basis. I think you should talk to your doctor. It sounds like something worth discussing.
Unread 11-01-2007, 03:14 PM

I called the dr. They said this was not unusual and to wait for my 6 week checkup next Wed. Between the surgical menopause and this, I am about to go out of my mind! Thanks for being there ladies!
Unread 11-01-2007, 07:02 PM

I had my check today and told her about the bleeding. She did an internal and I had stitches sticking out and she had to remove them. She said that was what was causing my bleeding and it should be better now. Time will tell. The surgical menopause has been difficult. I'm seeing an endocrinologist as well. I've had thyroid problems as well in the past. I wish you well with your appt. next week. Kathy
Unread 11-01-2007, 07:35 PM

I had bleeding for 8 1/2 weeks and thought I was going to go out of my mind. It did seem to subside for a bit then got a bit heavier and then very slowly tapered off. My surgeon said there are a lot of stitches and some just take longer to heal. I feel for you though - it drove me crazy!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register