LAVH Returning to Work after Hysterectomy | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Returning to Work after Hysterectomy Returning to Work after Hysterectomy

Unread 04-10-2014, 08:20 PM
Returning to Work after Hysterectomy

Ladies, I am returning to work on 4/15/14. I am a secretary, any words of encouragement?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-10-2014, 08:27 PM
Re: Returning to Work

Hi I am Stacy and I am 6 weeks post-op. I am admin assistant at a church and I returned to work two weeks after my surgery . Hind sight that was too soon. I found myself very depressed and tired. I worked 1/2 days and if I had a meeting or something at night I went home and took a nap. Just listen to your body.
Unread 04-10-2014, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacybryn View Post
Hi I am Stacy and I am 6 weeks post-op. I am admin assistant at a church and I returned to work two weeks after my surgery . Hind sight that was too soon. I found myself very depressed and tired. I worked 1/2 days and if I had a meeting or something at night I went home and took a nap. Just listen to your body.
It will be 5 weeks on 4/14/14, I still get the shakes going up and down the stairs. Thank you Stacy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-10-2014, 09:08 PM
Re: Returning to Work

Chelly I will be praying all goes well. I actually am feeling amazing and went back to the gym this week. Just take it easy.
Unread 04-10-2014, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacybryn View Post
Chelly I will be praying all goes well. I actually am feeling amazing and went back to the gym this week. Just take it easy.
I will. I am waiting on my gynecologist to okay me for water aerobics. Thank you and God Bless you.
Unread 04-11-2014, 10:07 AM
Re: Returning to Work after Hysterectomy

Hey Chelly,
I just went back to work last week( sb owner and mostly desk work) Pre surgery I thought I could go back in after 2 weeks but
that was pbviously wishful thinking. Then I won the first prize of Shingles so this delayed me further. I do not have a "boss" but I would let them know that you are still not 100% and might HAVE to take it a tad easier than your usual hard working, efficient self.
I am usually healthy and went into this all physically fit , BUT I can only do half days without being really uncomfortable and slightly cranky.But in the end I a, happy to be back it makes me feel like i have some of my routine back. I also found that dressing for work is an adventure, what fits ok in the morning becomes torterous in the afternoon - I found a newfound appreciation for dresses and I found a little trick though I use a hair rubberband around the top button hole and this gives me an additional 3 centimeters tummy room - the things we all do aye? - Hang in there you all!
Unread 04-11-2014, 10:57 AM

I am starting Monday and told my boss I will start with half days. Listen to your body, you have ONE CHANCE to heal (which has been my mantra!) and do not do more than you think you can do. This is not a chance to be superwoman at work, as we are all expected to do. YOU know your body and you will know your limits. Here's to getting back onto the "real world" - another positive sign in our recovery. Best of luck to you and hopefully there are flowers on your desk when you get there
Unread 04-11-2014, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chellyisthe1 View Post
Ladies, I am returning to work on 4/15/14. I am a secretary, any words of encouragement?
Take a pillow to put behind your back. I found that sitting for long periods at my desk made my back hurt so bad. Get up and walk around every 30 minutes. I don't mean long breaks but just walk to the ladies room - keep moving. You don't want to sit in one position TOO long.

Take it day by day. I hope you have an understanding work place that will let you do this. I came back to work after 2 weeks and I'd make it about 4-5 hours and go home.

Mostly LISTEN TO YOUR BODY - and when it tells you that you need to rest... rest... it will be tough the first few days and you may come home exhausted so REST when you can.

Good luck!
Unread 04-11-2014, 12:21 PM

Ladies, thank you for all the information and support.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register